Financial Aid Administrator (6-month contract), Office of Finance
- Prepare loan-related documents required for the loan agreement signing process.
- Scan duly signed and password-protected loan documents for file records.
- Send copy of duly signed and password-protected loan documents to borrowers and guarantors.
- Housekeep physical hardcopies and softcopies of loan documents.
- Assist to follow-up with students on outstanding matters/documents necessary to proceed/complete the loan application process.
- Any adhoc task relating to loan application process.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Administer scholarship, bursary, awards and grants including set-up and maintenance of financial assistance schemes, maintenance of recipient records, disbursements and refunds, etc.
- Liaise and work closely with internal stakeholders on the bursary and scholarships under their portfolios.
- Respond to queries on bursary and scholarships.
- Prepare necessary entries for month-end closing;
- Audit schedules and reports for management and internal stakeholders;
- Reports for regulatory reporting.
- Collect cheques/reply slips from Finance dropbox.
- Prepare bank-in list and make copies of cheques received.
- Admin work relating to sending written notifications to borrowers.
- Any other task relating to financial aids administration.
- Minimum Diploma in Accountancy or a related discipline with at least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- A proactive team player; ability to work independently.
- Systematic and organised; ability to handle high volume of data and paperwork.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Efficient, diligent, meticulous and possesses initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge and hand-on experience in SAP Financial and Controlling modules and Peoplesoft Student Financials will be advantageous.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University