Finance Manager (Perm)-J02
- Manage the financial reporting to ensure the financial soundness of the Company and to protect the Company from reputational, financial, and regulatory risks.
- Responsible for all financial matters (financial accounting, external reporting and control) relating to the entity. This includes internal and external financial reporting, ensuring the adoption and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, practices and internal controls in line with the Company standards and recommendation by internal and external auditors and providing support on system changes and enhancements impacting general ledger.
- Has primary responsibility for execution of financial reporting, operational/transactional accounting, accounting policy and close process. This includes Monthly Financial Report, Annual
- Report, MAS Returns and ASP FIN Saracen reporting.
- Make decisions that may have long-term impact on the financial reporting function.
- Manages resources allocated to financial reporting and accounting, accounting policy and close process.
- Responsible for reviewing and monitoring adequacy of internal control over financial reporting and assessing effectiveness of controls.
- Responsible for ensuring a professional and open relationship with external auditors and regulators.
- Responsible for maintenance of proper accounting records in compliance with group, local and international accounting standards and various regulatory requirements from MAS.
- Responsible for ensuring employees apply compliance and operational/transactional risk controls in compliance with the Company and regulatory standards and policies
- Monitor solvency of Funds and Company
- Make decisions with oversight from CFO that may have long-term impact on the Finance function
- Ensure Group Finance and Insurance requirements are implemented
- Take personal responsibility and be vigilant against financial crimes when carrying out duties and responsibilities. Know all relevant FCC policies and procedures and know when to escalate concerns or unusual activities.
- Support Product Team on accounting opinion and work closely with the regional finance counterpart on resolving financial reporting issues arising from new business initiatives and products, and changes in the accounting standards.
- Provide timely and accurate accounting data to internal customers for further analysis and decision making
- Ensure that CFO is briefed and aware of Group and local regulatory issues and developments
- Compute/review tax computation and quarterly GST Returns. Liaise with SGH Tax in respect of outstanding Y/As and co-ordinate all tax queries raised by SGH Tax and IRAS
- Manage queries from internal customers, for example, other functions within the entity
- Manage queries from external customers namely external auditors and MAS
- Determine the proper accounting policy and application of relevant policies
- Ensure an effective internal process and operation environment within the team to ensure smooth daily operation of accounting functions
- Support the team in compliance to accounting policies and control and maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring.
- Design and implement Finance processes to meet new reporting requirement and changes in business operations
- Lead and coach an effective team that collaborates effectively with other teams in Finance and
- other functions to generate desired deliverables. This includes proper resourcing, training of core competencies, motivating and leading and managing team dynamics.
- Fair and transparent performance management
- The role shall resolve accounting issues arise from the increasingly complex business
- environment, new products and initiatives which require expertise in technical accounting skills as well as commercial awareness in Singapore.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree.
- Subject matter expertise in financial accounting and reporting. Understands and anticipates strategic implications from financial accounting. A high level of professional competence which helps to determine solutions around financial accounting procedures, controls, risk management and quality assurance.
- Substantial exposure to financial accounting and operation of life insurance companies. In-depth knowledge of product features and the technical aspects of life insurance products.
- Keep abreast of latest financial accounting environment and changes and anticipative of impacts to the business.
- Familiarity of local insurance rules and regulations
- Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the most senior level in the organization. Able to influence without authority.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business.
- Ability to make robust/tough decisions which may be contrary to the business wishes and ability to prioritize competing demands.
Interested applicants please click on apply or email your resume in MS word format to: [Click Here to Email Your Resume]. Please include the position applied for and Job Code (J02) in the subject header.
*We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidate will be notified
Jobster Pte Ltd