Finance Manager [Accounts Receivable]
We are seeking a self-driven Finance Manager with a strong owner’s mindset, relentless customer orientation, and frontline obsession to be the single threaded leader of credit management and order to cash operations for the College. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role is to lead, manage and motivate the College Accounts Receivable Team and be responsible for good quality information and efficient processes to ensure an appropriate level of operational control and compliance. It requires working across teams that span 2 locations to drive processes, build and guide the team in billing, collections, and credit management.
The Finance Manager must be strategic yet detail oriented, have strong accounting and finance skills, robust interpersonal and influencing skills (this role will have frequent communication with senior leadership), strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability to gather business and technical requirements across the College to drive systems and change management processes. He/she will need to roll up his/her sleeves, work independently, and have an extremely high level of ownership and accountability.
- Overseeing end-to-end Accounts Receivable functions for the College, including billing and cash receipts processing.
- Ensure proper recording and application of cash, management of outstanding invoices, and direct interfacing with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Provide timely and accurate payment and account standing information.
- Review the Accounts Receivable Reports of the College.
- Train, mentor and motivate the College Accounts Receivable team towards optimum performance and excellent customer service. Assess team strength and help develop optimal team structure.
- Lead the roll out of accounting system upgrading or improvement projects for Accounts Receivable, such as consolidation of billing cycles, automation of controls, development of alternative and cheaper payment methods, etc..
- Assist the Finance teams across both Campuses on goals set through system innovation and automation for effectiveness and efficiency, review existing finance processes in the area of Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Financial and Budgeting Reporting so as to identify best practices and re-design or streamline finance processes (where applicable).
- Work with the Financial Controller and the rest of the finance team to maintain the finance system authorization access setup (access rights, roles, profiles, controls and transactions) and ensure proper segregation of duties for the Accounts Receivable Team. Ensures proper segregation of duties and authorization control via SAGE.
- Participate in assisting finance team with internal auditor or external auditor to ensure compliance in statutory accounts and year end audits in relation to Accounts Receivable
- Assist in any ad-hoc task or project as assigned
- Min Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 8 to 10 years of relevant Accounts Receivable management experience with a solid, proven customer service orientation
- Proven customer service orientation, capable to proactively engage with parents and stakeholders, address issues before they escalate and goes out of own way to help customers (internal and external).
- Prior audit experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and team player mindset to build and sustain productive working relationships with all levels of team members.
- Motivated self-starter, curious, resourceful and independent; keen to learn.
- A team player with ability to collaborate with management and functional departments.
- Knowledge of SAGE Finance systems is preferred.
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined, and detail oriented individual comfortable in a high volume environment that requires accurate and timely output
- Able to demonstrate proficiency with computerized accounts receivable software applications
- Strong business integrity and holds sensitive information in confidence.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia