Finance Director (Hospitality,based in Maldives)
Ensure that all financial aspects of the operations are controlled by maintaining focus over all receipts and disbursements. Prepares financial reports on a regular basis or as requested. Works co-operatively with the Executive Committee to maintain a high level operational understanding and financial control.
- Hotel Owners
- RHAP Accounting
- Internal and External Auditors
INDICATORS OF SUCCESS
- Achievement of financial goals and improvement over prior year performance (GOP, Rev PAR, RSI) flow throughs.
- Customer satisfaction and loyalty goals (100% Guest Satisfaction)
- Timeliness & accuracy of financial reporting
- Achievement of employee engagement survey and retention goals
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Ensures that all work is done accurately, timely, and in accordance with Hotel Group standard accounting practices and in compliance with the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry, 10th edition, by directing the overall operations of the accounting department.
- Delegates authority and responsibility to appropriate employees.
- Provides for the orderly reporting of financial matters by developing appropriate systems and procedures.
Provides guidance for management by directing, preparing, and providing accurate financial analysis.
- Assures compliance with internal controls and check charts.
- Investigates problems that may arise in reporting of hotel operations.
- Proves that systems are working accurately by performing audits.
- Directs and maintains flow of communications.
- Analyses variances to budget in operating statement, making appropriate recommendations.
- Audits weekly costs and expenses.
- Identifies operational areas that are inefficient and suggests possible solutions to the Executive Committee.
Achieves best possible financial status for the hotel by performing a variety of control functions.
- Authorises accounting related documents according to Policies and Procedures.
- Optimise cash flow according to Policies and Procedures.
- Complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations by preparing and filing tax and license information returns.
- Ensures collection of accounts receivable.
- Reviews and maintains accurate files on all contractual obligations of the hotel.
Meets and exceeds the expectations of employees by utilising leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction of direct reports.
- Develops and implements strategies to achieve Employee Engagement Survey goals.
- Selects qualified employees and provides orientation and training.
- Creates a positive work environment for all employees.
- Determines and communicates standards of performance to employees. Evaluates employee performance on a regular basis and recommends salary increases as appropriate.
- Develops employees to maximise potential and prepare for future promotional opportunities by conducting counselling sessions, determining developmental needs and allowing these needs to be met.
- Ensures that disciplinary action is taken as required utilising consistency, fairness and respect within frame work of established guidelines.
Prepares reports as requested to develop a more informative data base for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities and implement and utilise Business Intelligence applications as and when they are introduced.
- Directs the preparation of any information required by owners, corporate office, or General Manager.
- Complies daily, weekly and quarterly reports.
- Performs monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliation.
- Directs the preparation of check charts, credit reports, as well as month end reports.
- Assists all departments in the preparation of budgets.
- Prepares monthly financial statements.
- Maintains capital improvement register.
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing the Yes I Can! experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations. Provides employees with the training and resources they need to maximize employee engagement and deliver Yes I Can! service and teamwork
- Communicates and reinforces the vision for Yes I Can! service to employees
- Ensures that employees provide Yes I Can! genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- Provides Yes I Can! genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- Seeks opportunities to improve the customer experience by seeking customer feedback and reviewing management reports and developing strategies to improve department and hotel services
- Provides employees with the tools, training and environment they need to deliver Yes I Can! service and teamwork
Adheres to hotel policies and procedures:
- Keep General Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position
- Maintains a favourable working relationship with all other hotel employees to foster and promote a co-operative and harmonious working environment
- At all times projects a favourable image of the Hotel to the public
- Abide by all Brand rules and regulations
- Adhere to all Brand policies and procedures
- Actively support and promote Workplace Health and Safety within the work environment
- Perform any other reasonable duties as directed by the General Manager or his/her designate
- Willing to work in Maldives
- Preferably Single Statues
- Musty speak fluent English and Chinese languages
- Minimum of five years of progressive finance management experience in a hotel setting
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA) or equivalent level experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Able to collaborate effectively with other hotel employees and managers to ensure teamwork
- Able to resolve conflicts with supervisors and employees
- Advanced knowledge of accounting, finance and hospitality profession
- Experience with accounting software
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Interested candidates may submit your resume to : [Click Here to Email Your Resume]