Finance Analyst (Bid Management)
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)| Date Posted: 23-Jan-2020
EA Licence No: 06C5060|EA Personal Registration No: 200818951C
Masters / PhD
- Permanent Role
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
- Nearest MRT: Expo MRT
- Manage all business planning, financial (monthly) forecasting, target setting, variance analysis and reporting of revenues, expenses, profit and headcount for the ASEAN region;
- Work with (remote) team (to accurately report results to senior management of the APAC region and Global HQ (US);
- Proactive identification, analysis (e.g. profitability per client, region, on and off site) communication and action of significant reporting variances versus forecast;
- Monitor and report on effective contract performance and act on anomalies and/or errors (DSO’s, expenses, investments);
- Senior commercial advisor to the Business Units and to the executive leadership team of ASEAN in support of strategic bids.
- Act as the senior financial representative with both the internal organization and externally with responsibility for negotiations with prospective clients, existing customers and customer’s advisors/legal teams. This includes participation in oral presentations to internal and external executives as and when required in support of pursuits.
- The position is also responsible for developing deal-specific financial strategies, solutions and storylines in support of win themes and customer requirements, along with response & closing financial tactics with the Sales Lead/Legal function to improve Cognizant’s competitive market positioning and win probability. Bid engagement spans the bid lifecycle from qualification through deal closure.
- In support of Business Units and Sales, and in conjunction with Legal, Finance, Solution Architects and the core pursuit team, manage and conduct internal reviews and negotiations of the commercial and financial and commercial terms for transactions from the account qualification phase through customer proposal submission, negotiation and contracting phases.
- In close coordination with Business Units and Legal, ensure that transaction specific risks and the overall risk impact to the wider Cognizant organization (that may be associated with execution of a particular transaction) are understood and reflected in the business case; support the core team in managing and mitigating such risks.
- Support and drive the development of a rigorous, disciplined Financial Architecture practice to improve the financial viability and win probability of Cognizant’s largest opportunities. Activities will include the development of resources, processes and tools to support a holistic financial and commercial strategy, approach and assessment of strategic opportunities to best balance business and risk objectives between Cognizant and its customers.
- Maintain and create financial models and (financial/commercial/operational) KPI’s to support business development and decision making;
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, scenarios and benchmarking as needed and contribute to new business/expansion/cost control projects and process improvement as and when business requires;
- Coordinate the monthly/quarterly/annual budgets/forecasts for the ASEAN region;
- Maintain a close working relationship with client partners, delivery partners, country leads etc.;
- Communicate proactively with Senior Managers in international markets to understand market/business trends;
- Keen understanding of risk and risk mitigation techniques inherent in information technology transactions and ensuring that risk is understood and under control;
- Master’s Degree preferably in RA/RC/MBA;
- Relevant experience (5-8 years) is required;
- Experience within IT services / software industry;
- Requires a working knowledge of current “market” positions on key financial constructs and commercial terms, information technology customer expectations and, client advisor trends on these positions.
- International business and bidding experience, along with knowledge of off-shore engagement models is a plus.
- Senior gravitas with credibility to liaise with senior management and customers;
- Ability to support and influence sales/account/operational teams and country leads;
- Is business driven, and has great familiarity with business analysis, analysis of the competition, market share play, business modelling, go to market, marketing investment strategy;
- Very detail oriented;
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines; comfortable working in a quick turnaround environment while maintaining accuracy;
- Able to adjust to a very rapidly evolving environment;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English;
- Strong team-working skills;
- Organized, proactive and result oriented;
- Experience leading a team desired;
*We regret to inform only shortlisted candidates will be notified*
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)