FIELD SERVICE TECHNOLOGIST
Req. ID: 119924
As a IT Field Service Technician, you are responsible for providing technical support services for desktop PCs, notebooks, printers, network, telephone, tool installation, office/manufacturing software applications and all other IT devices and systems. This candidate must have technical breadth and depth, able to exhibit innovative/creative thinking, embrace team participation, and meet/exceed clearly defined SLA levels.
- Understand how to install equipment and/or device specific software
- Know the internal and external contacts for hardware support and build positive work relationships with these groups and individuals
- Have an understanding of what the intended purpose for a specific machine is and how to best configure the software and hardware if its intended task(s)
- Understand what common problems arise with the system and how to resolve these issues
- Maintain a strong understanding of the Network Operations Centers’ role in supporting manufacturing and demonstrate a firm knowledge of the NOC escalation flow
- Having a functional knowledge of the semiconductor manufacturing applications in order to effectively support the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a 12-hour compressed shift to ensure all provisioned items are at healthy operational condition.
- Device provisioning (Personal computer and mobile device, network and telecom setup, and computer accessories)
- Audio-video systems provisioning (Conference room projectors and sound systems, TV, Signage and Live Feed solutions)
- Server preventive maintenance (disk defragmentation, administration of security and service patches)
- Performs system recovery based on incident calls and under guidance from established documents and subject experts
- Performs isolation and cleansing of virus contaminated devices
- Performs spare parts inventory and storage management
- Certificate/Diploma in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar capacity; supporting Helpdesk/NOC services in a manufacturing environment. A good understanding of the Micron manufacturing environment is a definite advantage
- Have working knowledge of different types of computer hardware such as:
- Desktop PC
- Laptop PC
- Personal Productivity Equipment which includes mobile devices such as iPhone, BlackBerry, iPAD.
- Multi Function Printers
- Docking Station
- Have working knowledge in telecom and network equipment installation, maintenance and troubleshooting such as :
- Network switches cable patching
- Digital / IP Phone
- Analogue phone
- Willing to work in a team environment to work towards a common goal; possess the commitment to do whatever it takes to accomplish the goals and objectives of the site.
- Willingness to work on any scheduled shift work.
- Be self-motivated and a self-starter with the ability to consistently achieve desired results and take initiative on priority issues; and have good multi-tasking capabilities with the ability to manage multiple deadlines effectively.
- Good oral and written communication, strong analytical and problem solving, and strong task management skills.
- Good customer service skill.
Location: F10N - 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || SGA || Entry || Regular || Information Systems and Technology || #LI-NH1 ||
Job Segment: Maintenance, Telecom, Telecommunications, Semiconductor, Engineer, Manufacturing, Technology, Science, Engineering
Micron Semiconductor Asia