Field Process Engineer
Who is ASM?
ASM is a leading, global supplier of semiconductor wafer processing equipment. Our ambitious team is dedicated to delivering innovative technology solutions to the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers. We have over 2,200 employees based in 16 countries, including Belgium, Japan, Netherlands, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and United States. Together we work to develop Epitaxy, ALD, PEALD, Vertical Furnaces and PECVD thin-film deposition technologies for our customers. Our goal is to remain an industry leader by being ahead of what’s next. We accomplish this by focusing on finding collaborative solutions to make integrated circuits, or chips, smaller, faster and even more powerful.
ASM, an inclusive workplace
We at ASM are a truly global organization that works diligently with an open-mind in all areas of our business. We strive for a culture and work style that fosters trust and transparency. We put our people first, and that is how we will continue to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We recognize and value the differences between individuals, including gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, knowledge and experience, work background, age, skills, amongst others. Recruiting and developing a diverse workforce provides a wide range of perspectives. This enables a culture of continuously exploring and adopting new technological ideas and innovations, and it also enables us to deliver excellent products and service to our clients.
As an engineer at ASM, you’ll have the opportunities to get involved in a wider scope of work compared to our larger competitors. While the workload is challenging, you are given the independence and autonomy to perform at your peak. This work requires thinking “outside of the box” in an innovative manner, so you must have the ability to collaborate with others to deliver creative solutions, work well under pressure and pay great attention to small details.
- Perform installations, preventative maintenance and remedial repair maintenance on complex electronic /electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment at ASM’s global customer locations.
- Create and maintain a high level of customer delight through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers while maintaining a safety first mentality.
- Required to develop action plans for problem resolution and be able to present to internal and external customers.
- Develop improvements for processes, hardware and software for continuous improvement of ASM equipment.
- Business operations Travel for both domestic and international locations may be required.
- Liaise with customer to qualify the equipment during installation
- Perform equipment installations, preventative maintenance and remedial repair maintenance
- Develop and execute action plans to resolve customer issues as assigned
- Execute equipment improvement plans as assigned
- Prepares report to ASM and customer on installations, remedial repair maintenance and information requested
- Performs special assignments and projects as assigned
- Min Degree in Mechatronics/Electronics or relevant disciplines or Diploma with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Manufacturing experience in final assembly or test of semiconductor capital equipment.is preferred
- Knowledge in any or all of the following areas:
- Fish Bone Diagram Technique
- Kepner Tregoe Problem Solving Technique
- 8D Problem Analysis Technique
- Knowledge in any or all of the following areas is a plus:
- Wafer fab environment
- closed loop gas and vacuum control
- electro pneumatic controls
- microprocessor based controllers
- basic concepts of software
- toxic and/or flammable gasses and acids
- SAP applications
From the very start of the semiconductor industry to the present day, we’ve been technology leaders who have pioneered innovation and brought new processes into mainstream manufacturing. We are collaborating, creating, and delivering on our vision – a shared vision to drive innovation with new technologies and delivering excellence with dependable products. By doing this, we’ll create new possibilities for everyone to understand, create and share more of what they love.
Be part of our exciting future and join our team today!
ASM Front-End Manufacturing Singapore Pte Ltd