Field Interviewer (3-month Contract for Service), LCSI
Join the Lien Centre for Social Innovation (LCSI) at SMU as a Field Interviewer on an insightful project exploring the food experiences and needs of food insecure households in Singapore. The ideal candidate will have some background or interest in exploring social issues and experience in conducting face-to-face surveys.
This project seeks to determine whether families who were already identified as food insecure would face greater challenges in having their food needs met adequately as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Under the supervision of LCSI staff, the Field Interviewer(s) will undertake data collection responsibilities for the project through house visits. The main responsibilities of the field interviewer are as follows:
- Contacting potential participants from an allocated database of pre-determined household addresses and scheduling an appropriate time for the house visit
- Administration of the project’s survey through house visits from the allocated database of predetermined household addresses
- Communicate the importance of the project to potential participants
- Carry out the survey through the use of a mobile device
- Handle participants’ queries and feedback
- Undertake follow up visit (approx 2 months) after the first visit to re-administer the project survey
- Strong comprehension and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic technical knowledge and familiarity with the usage of mobile devices for the collection of survey data
- Able and willing to travel around Singapore to visit households and conduct the survey based on a participant list provided
- Independent and responsible worker
- Ability to communicate in Chinese, Malay and/or Tamil is a plus
- Management and organisational skills to stay on top of deliverables and deadlines
- Willingness to commit 35 hours per week until the data collection of the allocated database of participants is completed.
- There are no fixed hours, but the minimum work hours should be logged.
- Able to work on Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays and weekday evenings
- Able to start immediately and commit until the requisite number of participants have completed the survey.
- Data collection (survey) or field interviewing experience preferred.
- Capable of handling the diversity in the profiles of potential participants preferred.
To apply, email your cover letter, CV, and availability (commitment period and minimum hours per week) with the heading “FI-Field Interviewer” to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] by 22 March 2021.
Singapore Management University