We are looking for Fibre Technician, this is the direct contract with one of our leading billion dollar IT client based in Singapore.
Role: Fibre Technician
1. To supervise technicians and contractors to execute all access fibre cable works in the area under his control in accordance with all established operation procedures and engineering instructions.
2. Responsible for all fibre cable diversion works including those in conjunction with new commercial & housing development and backbone Fibre Network.
3. Ensure that target dates (Customer Ready Date) for all access fibre cable schemes are met so that services can be provided expeditiously to customers.
4. Take charge for the maintenance of fibre cables and attend to emergency cable breakdowns and system outage during and after office hours.
5. Attend site meeting with other public bodies and private housing developers in connection with provision and diversion of underground plants.
6. Close all fibre cable schemes accurately and promptly. Ensure that all reports are sent for updating promptly upon completion.
7. To assist Manager to perform evaluation task for the introduction of new fibre cables and other associated accessories.
8. To ensure the technicians and contractors follow safety procedure in accordance to the work health and safety act (WHSA) and to use appropriate safety equipment so as to complete the assigned job efficiently and safely.
9. To spot-check and identify potential safety hazards at site and ensure that temporary road closure signs are always displayed by technicians and contractors at work-site in accordance with LTA requirements.
10. To perform order management using system for fibre based products.
11. To liaise with building management and manage contractors for the fiber implementation for fibre based products.
12. To take ownership and manage staff on fibre splicing, fibre termination, fibre patching and fiber testing for the provisioning and maintenance of fibre based products.
13. To liase with internal parties on fiber implementation issues
14. Compile statistical reports on fiber network performance
15. Any other duties assigned by Engineer-in-charge.
1. Diploma in Electronics Engineering/Telecommunications or in relevant field.
2. At least 2 years working experience.
3. Able to work during non-office hours on an occasional basis and be on 24 x 7 hours standby alert for ad-hoc faults.
4. Good working knowledge of PC applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
5. Good communication skills, keen to learn and a team player.
Interested, please send over your resume to recruitment at aryan-solutions dot com or call at T +65 67087429 for a confidential discussion.
Aryan Solutions Pte Ltd