Fellowship - Global Investigation
Role Summary/Purpose :GE offers a one-year fellowship to a recent law school graduate. This Bracket Denniston Diversity Fellowship will provide opportunities for new attorneys to gain in-house experience in Global Investigations matters across Asia. This year-long fellowship is a full-time role within GE Corporate, working out of our offices in Singapore.
Qualifications/Requirements :Bachelor of Laws with first or second-class honors from an accredited law school is required by the start date.
Desired Characteristics :Proven record of success and demonstrated leadership ability. Expert- level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. PowerPoint and Excel). Solid research and analytical skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills
Essential Responsibilities :
- The Fellow will work with GE Executive Counsel, Global Investigations - Asia Pacific to:
- Help conduct investigations of potential compliance policy violations
- Organize documents and case files as requested
- Handle document retention / document collection / document production processes for lawyers (in coordination with eDiscovery experts)
- Maintain, update and develop internal databases and IT tools to support needs of lawyers and investigators in global investigations
- Assist in drafting legal and other documents and correspondence
- Keep abreast of relevant government enforcement news and provide advisory support to the investigations team
- Help drive measurable efficiencies in investigative matter management
- Assist with training initiatives
- Help provide cross-business support, as needed, with regard to significant global investigations
- Spearhead special projects