MDS Retail Pte Ltd | Date Posted: 12-Jul-2018
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
Research & Development/ Fashion Design
- Liaise with relevant parties (e.g. factories, suppliers etc) on merchandise development and construction.
- Perform costing and competitiveness study on merchandise and materials.
- Perform analysis on feedback and sales data to understand customers’ needs.
- Conduct market and online research for current and future trends
- Attend fairs and buying trip outside Singapore to effectively design and develop products for all categories according to the time line and KPI as discussed with the management.
- To be an information center for all product development details and changes overseas and maintain regular communication with Products Director to provide informative updates.
- Produce and meet deadline for specific number of products planned by Products Director.
- Confirm all sample details before sending items to Singapore in order to improve efficiency.
- Constantly source or create new materials to be used for current and future product development.
- Constantly source and evaluate new factories that are suitable for company’s production capacity.
- Perform inspection on all products according to confirmation sample, company’s requirements & specifications before shipment.
- Diploma or Degree holder in Fashion Design or related discipline
- Require to travel
- Possess excellent fashion sense and market-sensitivity
- Ability to manipulate existing patterns
- Good team player, excellent interpersonal, planning and organization skills to multi-task in a fast paced retail environment
- Only Singaporeans may apply.
- Experience in fashion design & production is a necessary requirement.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume, stating current / last drawn salary, expected salary, and availability to us via clicking on Apply Now button below or you can email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resume].
MDS is Singapore’s leading fashion retailer.
Since its inception in 2006, MDS has effectively branded itself as a fashion savvy retailer offering the latest runway trends at affordable prices. MDS launches an average of 2,000 designs a year and retail stores are updated daily with new content and arrivals, highly favored and viewed by more than 300,000 women each month.
As at end-2013, MDS operates 10 retail outlets in high-traffic shopping districts throughout Singapore and the brand has been built on core values of innovation and design, which are religiously applied not just in terms of product design but system integration and retail modeling.
The company was also awarded Singapore’s Emerging Enterprise Award 2011 as a testament to its growing strength in the retail scene.