Farm Engineer (Systems)
As a member of the engineering team, you will collaborate with engineers and scientists to develop systems that will revolutionise agriculture. Your task will be to design, evaluate, and integrate system software solutions into current innovative systems developed to automate various farm operations. This role has the opportunity to improve process, integrate new systems and project management.
This new position for System Engineer is to further enhance and develop a novel farming software system that integrate collaborative systems to improve operation efficiency and farm performance. This position requires the engineer to have sound knowledge of software and system design in order to perform in his/her role.
- System integration, testing and troubleshooting
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Presenting system designs to management
- Provide technical and engineering services for farm operations
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures
- Manage and monitor all infrastructure and system installations, including configurations, testing, and maintenance
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Assists in the coordination of various teams testing and evaluating for the development of design and its implementation of the best output.
- Liaison with contractors/vendors/suppliers
- Writing reports and documentation
- Carry out duties as assigned by supervisor/management
- Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering
- Minimum 3 years working experience in system development and testing
- Experience in project management, application design and integration
- Knowledge of communications platforms: Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, IOLink etc is a strong plus.
- Experience participating in solution configurations/overall architecture design and the creation of PoCs to meet customer requirements.
- Experience with design and development is desirable.
- Functional comprehension of industrial engineering drawings, operations and maintenance manuals
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter and independent thinker
- Good analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills