Farm Engineer (Robotics & Automation)
As a member of the engineering team, you will collaborate with engineers and scientists to develop systems that will revolutionise agriculture. Your tasks entail designing, evaluating, and integrating automation solutions into current innovative systems to automate various farm operations. This role has the opportunity to improve processes, integrate new systems and project management.
This position involves developing a novel farming system that integrates collaborative systems to improve operational efficiency and farm performance. It is preferable that you have a sound knowledge of robotics and automation software.
- System integration, testing and troubleshooting
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Presenting designs to management
- Provide technical and engineering services for farm operations
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures
- Maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure safety, reliability and efficiency
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Liaison with contractors/vendors/suppliers
- Writing reports and documentation
- Carry out duties as assigned by supervisor/management
- Degree in Electrical/Mechatronics/Mechanical/Computer Engineering
- Minimum 2 years working experience in desiging robotics or automation or PLC control integration solutions
- Knowledge of automation products involving Safety, Servo and Motion control, PLCs, Machine Vision, etc is preferred
- Knowledge of communications platforms: Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, etc is preferred.
- Knowledge of Software or Robot Operating System (ROS) is preferred
- Experience participating in solution configurations/overall architecture design and the creation of PoCs to meet customer requirements.
- Experience with design and development is desirable.
- Functional comprehension of industrial engineering drawings, operations and maintenance manuals
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and independent thinker
- Good analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
If you are interested in this position, please send your latest resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume].