Facility Manager, Data Center
Talent Search Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 25-Jul-2020
EA Licence No: 05C5173|EA Personal Registration No: R1102641
Manager, Senior Manager
Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Overall responsible for all engineering and technical operations of a 24 x 7 data center facility while managing and leading a team of facility & data center engineers
- Upkeep, maintain and repair of all critical equipment and systems to achieve and comply with customers’ service level agreement
- Coordinate with internal and external resources to ensure system design, installation and testing comply to operational standards
- Accountable for approval and implementation of site operations procedures to ensure installation is optimal and efficient
- Handle and provide technical support to data center facility on all mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Review and track operational metrics & analyze risks. Seek continuous process improvement on operational aspects and financial efficiency including recommendation improvement to equipment and systems
- Manage technical and operational incidents at the property, including the implementation of emergency response procedures, resource coordination, customer communication, root-cause analysis and post event remediation.
- Maintain and support accreditation initiatives SSAE16, SOC2, ISO27001
- Maintain compliance with local health & safety (i.e. OSHA) standards and national electrical and building codes.
- Work with real estate team on management of expenses and budgeting of capital expense requirements and justifications.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering. Masters in Engineering or Masters of Applied Science preferred.
- 10 years of working experience in facility engineering management of a Data Center operations with strong people management skills
- Proven experience in commissioning and operations of 24x7 critical data installations including
- Power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Condition systems (HVAC)
- Fire alarm and fire protection systems
- Control and monitoring systems
- Able to interpret electrical, mechanical and pumping drawings
- Candidate with knowledge of networking, IT connectivity requirement and cabling systems would be a strong plus
- Strong understanding of infrastructure redundancy configurations and equipment and their risks (N+1, 2N, ATS/ STS, Failover Scenarios)
- Vendor management in area of quality, communication, schedule and technical evaluations
- Knowledge of budget and CapEx analysis
Talent Search Pte Ltd