Facilities Systems Engineer (Pharma MNC, Manufacturing, Office Hours 5 Days)
The Senior Facilities System Engineer will monitor and track the clean & black utilities, alongside with the rest of system engineers. Besides supporting the Utilities Operation team, the incumbent is responsible for timely implementation of projects related to improving reliability and availability of equipment, utilities, and critical systems. Perform routine review of the maintenance processes of facilities and Utilities Systems, to ensure that engineering activities are fit for purpose in meeting the business requirements, by applying the principles of Reliability Centered Maintenance.
• Act as subject matter expert (SME) and mentor of the junior engineer for the following systems:
o Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) for GMP and non-GMP environment and freezer
o Black and clean utilities including city water, plant steam, instrument air, process air, special gasses (oxygen, carbon dioxide, Nitrogen), RO, WFI, clean steam
o Waste water treatment plant (WWTP)
o Processed chilled water (PCW)
o Acid and Caustic CIP system
o Laminar flow hood
• Mentor, train and support a team of System Engineers for the Plant Engineering function.
• Advise and support the necessary qualification required for new utilities equipment installation, and ensure adequate preventive maintenance is created subsequently as well.
• Identify and put up recommendation in the CAPEX plan for any equipment replacement and overhaul based on the existing condition or end of life usage.
• Lead and manage change control on project activities or act as technical advisor for plant modifications, capital projects and other identified plant improvement projects in line with defined specifications, budget and qualification of facilities in accordance with site to approved procedures.
• Lead or support investigation, participate in trouble shooting and root cause analysis for various operational events, and also ensure that all relevant engineering CAPA are completed within agreed timeline.
• Act as the site utilities representative for any global committee (e.g. Energy and water).
• Responsible for the review and provide site inputs to the review of utilities related SOP from DP.
• Monitor and enforce compliance measures (including safety) within their specific discipline to ensure inspection readiness of the site, as well as participate as an audit team member (Utilities SME) in the conduct of audits.
• Responsible for performing utilities load evaluation of any new equipment and facility installation / modification project, providing technical input to projects which utilities is involved.
• Contribute to the development of the annual operating budget of the Utilities to ensure achievement of the operational targets.
• Responsible for planning and implementing plant maintenance, managing of engineering resources during plant turnaround and annual shutdown.
• Owner of P&ID drawings for the Utilities System and ensure the review of engineering documents and drawings are performed regularly.
• Responsible for notifying Management in a timely manner of regulatory inspections, serious EHS/GMP deficiencies.
• Responsibility to adhere to any applicable EHS requirements.
• Commitment to a fair and respectful relationship to others and behavior in accordance with Code of Conduct.
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical/Instrumentation engineering or equivalent is required.
• At least 7-10 years of experience in moderate to complex equipment maintenance activities in a Utility Complex/WWTP/manufacturing environment.
• Excellent knowledge in operation and maintenance of utility equipment; familiarity with P&ID, control philosophy, SOP for anaerobic, aerobic wastewater treatment and membrane wastewater treatment processes and etc. will be advantageous.
• Must have knowledge of process improvement and reliability engineering principles, methodologies and tools such as PDCA, LEAN, Six Sigma / DMAIC, RCFA, FMEA.
• Management experience in leading a team of engineers
• Preferably equipped with SCEM (Singapore Certified Energy Manager) certification
• Possess proficient computer skills and experienced in using MS Office software (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), MS Project and statistical tools i.e. Minitab, PI databook is preferred
Key Skills and Competencies
Excellent Communication Skills
• Ability to effectively communicate via writing and oral communication at all levels.
• Express ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including non-verbal communication).
• Ability to communicate to internal and external personnel and to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical people.
• Ability and willingness to express opinions and argue their basis.
• A good understanding of design principles and standards within the biopharmaceutical facilities.
• Ability to look at plant problems and come up with options for solutions.
• Ability to understand and challenge design and execution concepts from outside vendors/engineers.
• Ability to develop alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions, factual data and engineering principles.
• The alternate actions take into consideration resources (financial and manpower), constraints and organizational priorities.
• Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems; solutions are imaginative, thorough and practicable.
• Gain approval for recommended solution and implement through proper channels.
Quality/Attention to Details
• Ability to accomplish tasks through concern for all areas involved.
• Demonstrating the proper level of detail for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes, data and tasks; and maintaining attention over a period of time.
• Ability to work effectively with internal and external teams or those outside formal line of authority (e.g. peers, senior managers) to accomplish goals.
• Take actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the consensus; subordinating own objectives to the objectives of the project team.
• Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical problems; frequent inter-organizational and global contacts.
• Ability to make active attempts to influence events to meet the goals of the project or organization.
• Given very general direction, independently determines and develops an approach to problem solving or project execution.
• Reviews work in terms of meeting project and organizational objectives
Willing to be scheduled for call-outs during non-office hours to support manufacturing emergencies
If you are interested in the position, do kindly drop your most updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] (Attn: Facilities Systems Engineer (Pharma) - Leon)
Leon Leong De Cong
Recruit Express Pte Ltd (Healthcare & Lifesciences Division)
EA License: 99C4599
Recruit Express Pte Ltd