FACILITIES SUPERVISOR - PROJECTS / MAINTENANCE (EAST CAMPUS)
Reporting to the HOD Facilities this is a highly visible position responsible for leading an integrated proactive maintenance programme across the campus. The incumbent helps support a safe and secure environment for all students, faculty, staff, visitors, vendors, property and institutional resources of UWCSEA and ensures the department plays a critical role in emergency preparedness and response. In addition to the above, he/she will manage and direct safety and security and traffic operations during the school day and during special events and provides direction and guidance to security officers.
- Assists the AHOD and HOD as required through involvement with specific campus projects and cross campus initiatives.
- Maintaining an overview of daily operations of formalised contractors and ad hoc contractors to provide a seamless service to the College and minimal disruption to campus operations.
- Scheduling and implementing campus maintenance, renovation and capital projects in logical steps and budgeting time required to meet deadlines.
- Supports the AHOD/HOD in the overall planning, development, and administration of facilities management program in such areas as capital improvements, building maintenance and repair, and procurement of property and supplies, in coordination with the facilities or other board committees.
- Being responsive and proactive in resolving helpdesk request in a timely and customer focused manner.
- Monitoring and inspecting buildings and premises for fire, security, and safety issues, including compliance with Singapore statutes and obtaining all necessary permits and licenses for on-campus work..
- Follows up with campuses’ departmental managers to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, identify corrective or preventive measures required and follow up on implementation
- Assists to develops and implements annual campus maintenance plan, capital (CAPEX) projects plan and grounds maintenance plan;
- Ensures that expenses incurred within own areas of responsibilities are in line with the approved Budget.
- Participates in and advises others in the development of short- and long-range capital improvement budgets for facilities.
- Minimum NITEC in Electrical Engineering or Building Services with facilities/hospitality background
- Hands-on and adopt a flexible approach
- Good communicator and customer orientated
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
Interested applicants, please submit an application via our portal latest by Tuesday, 19 June 2018.
College Website : [Click Here to Email Your Resume]|bd6c00b792f9460c783308d5caa36549|7cc1677566a34e8b80fd5b1f1db15061|0&sdata=AFn/ACjrDyCEWmglabFa5mCCY5J0uDDccctu+eBuHjk=&reserved=0">https://webapps.uwcsea.edu.sg/uwcms/pub/login.aspx
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
United World College of South East Asia
UWC South East Asia is member of the UWC movement and a K-12 international school in Singapore. The school provides a challenging, holistic education to more than 5,500 students based across two campuses. Founded in 1971, UWCSEA is a not-for-profit school and is widely regarded as one of the leading international schools in the world.