Executive, Venue and Events, Singapore Indoor Stadium
As part of the Venues & Events Management and reporting to the Assistant Director, the position of
Executive, Singapore Indoor Stadium will support the planning and operations of events and day to day
activities at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. The role has a heavy focus on coordinating the events that
take place, requiring a strong communicator to bring together all aspects of the service delivery to provide
a safe and memorable event for spectators and venue hirers.
General Roles & Responsibilities
- Take ownership of assigned events at the Singapore Indoor Stadium and coordinate the aspects of venue operations to ensure seamless event delivery. The types of events will vary and may include Concerts, Sporting, Government, Religious and Community events.
- Development of key event planning and operations documentation including event plans, run sheets, planning registers, briefing notes, etc.
- Share information on the event with all delivery partners (i.e. Facility management, catering, hospitality, ticketing, technology, security, logistics) and internal departments (i.e. finance, marketing, sales, other venues and event staffing) and coordinate their event plans together as the central point of knowledge and information on your event.
- Be a valued operational team member by supporting the event day delivery of events, which can involve dealing with the Hirer, internal partners (i.e. catering, technology, security, facilities), event day staff and the public.
- Conduct and support various liaisons (meetings, site walks, information) with Hirers and key stakeholders as needed. Provide administration procedures including organising meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes and coordinating attendance.
- Be a point of contact for hirers, internal and external stakeholders, always available to attend to their needs. Work as a designated representative of management when required.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the venues and provide site information to clients, customers and staff as needed.
- Communicate closely with internal and external partners to ensure all needs have been considered when developing venue operations plans.
- Support the ongoing management of Sports Hub policies and procedures.
- Ensure that health and safety policies and regulations are adhered to and reflected positively through your actions and those of your colleagues.
Essential Qualifications and Personal Characteristics/Competencies:
- Previous events, sport, leisure or customer service experience is preferred with an interest in events considered an essential trait.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders ranging from senior management, event hirers, functional areas, staff and volunteers.
- A positive attitude and dynamic approach, with the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and build relationships with a diverse range of people.
- A can-do attitude with focus on achieving results with a “customer first” mentality to problem solving.
- Is a proactive team player and prepared to support the endeavours of the wider collective.
- Skills in Microsoft programs (word, excel, powerpoint) and administrative tasks required.
- Ability to interpret and edit on Auto CAD necessary.
- Working hours are typically 9:00AM to 6:30PM, Monday to Friday with the expectation to work flexible hours (early, late, weekends) as required based on event needs. In these instances, days in lieu applies for weekend/public holiday work per employment contract.
- During event times you may be working out ‘on the ground’ for long periods of the day.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Candidates who do not indicate current and expected salary as well as notice period will not be shortlisted.
Sportshub Pte Ltd