Executive to Snr Assistant Manager, Inpatient Operations
- Reporting to the Manager, Inpatient Operations, the Senior Executive (SE) / Assistant Manager (AM) / Senior Assistant Manager (SAM) will assist in the management of assigned clinical and/or patient services in the hospital. S/he will be responsible for key departmental and/or service performance areas, in particular customer service, operational excellence and resource utilisation.
- The scope of management includes inpatient wards, intensive care unit (ICU), high dependency unit (HDU), bed management unit (BMU) and patient service centre (PSC) and/or other assigned support hospital functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The SE / AM/ SAM will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Major Duties (80%)
- Work together with nurse managers and doctors (for wards, ICU & HDU) to ensure its smooth running daily.
- Review key processes to improve overall key performance indicators/ outcomes in the areas of total customer experience, operational efficiency and optimal resources utilization.
- Track, monitor and make recommendations for the utilisation of departmental budget to achieve optimisation of allocated resources.
- Track, monitor and make recommendations to achieve excellent customer satisfaction ratings.
- Work closely with Nursing, Operational Support Services and other stakeholders for ward renovations to ensure timely delivery of the renovated wards.
- Track, monitor and make recommendations for all hospital related requirements related to its annual planning cycles, including financial, manpower and total training budgets.
- Work closely with relevant departments on special projects, workgroups or committees to resolve intra-department conflicts, initiate and propose options where possible and see through the implementation to ensure desired outcomes are achieved
- Participate actively in relevant NUHS Way projects, Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs), IT projects and initiatives. Constantly review within assigned areas, systems and process initiatives to achieve safer, better, faster and cheaper care for the customers.
- Handle customer complaints and follow up with service recovery if necessary.
- Review and update policies and procedures as needed.
General Duties (20%)
- Support any relevant hospital committees formed within the assigned area(s) of responsibilities, for example, Division of Critical Care Committee, etc.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Reporting Officer.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong analytical, organisational, co-ordination, interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills
- Proficient in MS applications e.g. Mircosoft Word / Excel / Powerpoint
- Project management skills and experience
- 3Practical knowledge of hospital operations preferred
- At least two years’ working experience, preferably in service industry
- Positive, pro-active, motivated with “can-do” attitude
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and as a team
- Service oriented and customer focused (CARE Standards)
- Basic degree (minimum)
Interested applicants are invited to email a detailed resume stating your current and expected salary.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
National University Hospital