Executive, Sports & Community Programming
The Sports & Community Programming Department is responsible for the overall management and execution of the project’s Sports & Community Programming objectives which sets out to implement the “PLAY” component of the project’s WATCH, SUPPORT & PLAY Sports Strategy.
The overall task of the Sports & Community Programming Department is to promote all sports business and community programming objectives and initiatives of the project. This will include all aspects of sports business and market understanding, community sports facilities management, events and activities management, marketing, and proactive stakeholder, partner and community engagement.
- University Degree or Polytechnic Diploma.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in sport and lifestyle related programming and/or event management.
- Possess a “hands-on”, “do-it-now” and “can-do” attitude.
- Self-starting team player with the natural drive to learn new things and constantly improve and re-invent.
- Independent, adaptable, able to think on the feet and solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Enjoy non-routine work and happy to work on weekends and odd hours.
- Ability to work comfortably with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Sports Development Programme (Sports Activities & Events Management)
Organisation and management of the in-house, Experience Sports @ Singapore Sports Hub programme and community sports and lifestyle events. This is an enriching and dynamic role that will specialise in sports and lifestyle content and programming aspects of the events and activities along with the general event operation components of the overall sports and community programming objectives.
Primary tasks include (not limited to):
- Conceptualisation, planning, management and execution of all content/programming aspects of the events and activities. Such event/activity concepts include:
- Experience Sports Learn-To-Play Programme
- Fitness programme
- An exciting host of other sport development and lifestyle events and/or activities
- Liaison with Sports Hub operations, Facility Management team, logistic partners, trainers and service providers to facilitate and execute various activities.
- Coordinate with Marketing Department for all Experience Sports Programme marketing operations.
- Client servicing support of current and/or new sponsors/partners related to Sports Development Programme activities.
- Event operations and logistics management of the Experience Sports Programme inclusive of set-up and tear down of activities and events, equipment storage and inventory management and maintenance.
- Manage administrative duties, reports, event licenses and permits where applicable.
All other team tasks (not limited to):
- Assist to implement all other initiatives of the Sports & Programming Department that is over and above the primary role of content/programme management.
- General Event Management, Marketing, Client Servicing, Registration and Administration.
- Manage and execute daily and various ad-hoc Experience Sports Sessions and Activities under the Sports Hub’s “Sports Development Programme”.
- Liaison and relationship management with local sports stakeholders. (Eg: National Sports Associations)
- Direct liaison with venue teams/departments for coordination of all Sports Development related programmes.
- Support in managing and operating of the public usage of all community sports facilities within the campus including pay-per-use scheme and any other specific facility bookings.
- Community Facilities include: Hard Courts, Skate Park, Beach Volleyball, Lawn Bowls, Giant Chess, Exercise and Fitness Stations and Playground.
- Co-ordination of calendar and bookings of these Community Facilities.
- Co-ordination of equipment loan for relevant facilities.
- Manage general enquiries and potential patron disputes of Community Facilities.
- Monitor Community Facilities equipment and carry out process of administrative recommendations to carry out any required specialised maintenance and/or servicing and procurement of new equipment.
- Manage Community Facilities opening and closing hours with facility operations department/partner.
- Maintain, track and build content resources around Sports Development Programme and activities, i.e. photos, videos, research, concepts etc.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities that may evolve within the general job scope.
- Required to work through a roster system throughout Mondays to Sundays in accordance the Experience Sports programming schedule.
- Regular office working hours are 8:30AM to 6:00PM or 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM, Monday to Friday.
- Find out more about Experience Sports at http://www.sportshub.com.sg
Candidates who do not indicate current and expected salary as well as notice period will not be shortlisted.
SPORTSHUB PTE LTD