Executive / Senior Executive, Undergraduate Programme, School of Social Sciences
- Work closely with UG team to effectively deliver the Bachelor of Social Sciences at SMU and process improvement initiatives.
- Support student recruitment by scheduling admission interviews conducted by faculty members.
- Coordinate appointment of teaching assistants in consultation with faculty members.
- Coordinate applications and approval for LOA and declaration or change of majors.
- Organise academic briefings for UG students.
- Coordinate Independent Studies (IS) and Senior Thesis (ST) including
- Brief students on course requirements, milestones, timeline and manage ST claims.
- Work closely with faculty, the IRB secretariat and Library staff on ST administrative matters.
- Carry out course logistics, eg, booking of facilities, budgeting and expense claims, transport/ticketing for fieldtrips.
- Process expense reimbursements for faculty and students.
- Respond to queries and feedback from faculty and students pertaining to course logistics, pre-departure checklists and insurance for course related travel matters.
- Compile information regarding programme/statistics.
- Work closely with SOSS admin team and other offices to organize events.
- Drafting electronic Direct Mailers using SMU's content management system.
- Redirect emails sent to SOSS mailbox.
- Drafting meeting minutes.
- Diploma and/or Bachelor degree, preferably in one of the following areas: Humanities and Social Sciences, Info-Communications and Digital Technology, Media and Design, or Business and Management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Patient, customer and service-oriented.
- Meticulous with an eye for detail.
- Able to execute routine/procedural work with accuracy.
- Team player with good inter-personal skills.
- Resourceful and flexible.
- Able to work on weekends on ad hoc basis (few times a year).
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University