Executive/Senior Executive, Sports & Community Programming - Singapore Sports Hub
The Sports & Community Programming Department is responsible for the overall management and execution of the project’s Sports & Community Programming objectives which sets out to implement the “PLAY” component of the project’s WATCH, SUPPORT & PLAY Sports Strategy.
The overall task of the Sports & Community Programming Department is to promote all sports business and community programming objectives and initiatives of the project. This will include all aspects of sports business and market understanding, community sports facilities management, events and activities management, marketing, and proactive stakeholder, partner and community engagement.
We are now seeking a high potential and creative individual to join the Sports & Community Programming Department of the Sports Hub.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Sports Development Programme (Sports Activities & Events Management)
Organisation and management of the in-house, Experience Sports @ Singapore Sports Hub programme and other community sports events. This is a dynamic event management role that will specialise in content and programming aspects of the events and activities along with the general event operations components of the overall programmes and objectives of the department.
Primary tasks include (not limited to):
- Support the Head of Department and Programme Team Lead on programme implementation. To assist and work closely with the Head of Department and Programme lead to improve the values of the Sports and Community engagement offerings, to identify and convert the gaps to programs innovation; to co-design a robust mix of content, inject vibrancy, attract and sustain participation footfall across the daily community engagement activities, programs and events.
- To support the Programme Team Lead and to manage the volunteers, temps and the Executives.
- Conceptualisation, planning, management and execution of all content/programming aspects of the events and activities organised by the department that will include the creative formalisation of general programme flow within a comprehensive rundown or plan.
- Liaison with essential Sports Hub operations and Facility Management team so as to facilitate all areas affecting the smooth delivery of all the department’s events and activities.
- Coordinate with Marketing Department for all Experience Sports Programme marketing operations.
- Client servicing support of current and/or new sponsors/partners of the Sports Development Programme activities.
- Event operations and logistics management of the Experience Sports Programme to include: set-up and tear down of activities and events, equipment storage and inventory management and maintenance.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders including logistic partners and vendors.
- Undertake regular administrative duties concerning event licenses and permits.
All other team tasks (not limited to):
- Assist to implement all other initiatives of the Sports & Programming Department that is over and above the primary role of content/programme management.
- General Event Management, Marketing, Client Servicing, Registration and Administration.
- Manage and execute daily and various ad-hoc Experience Sports Sessions and Activities under the Sports Hub’s “Sports Development Programme.
- Liaison and relationship management with local sports stakeholders.
- Direct liaison with venue teams/departments for coordination of all Sports Development related programmes.
- Support in managing and operating of the public usage of all community sports facilities within the campus including pay-per-use scheme and any other specific facility bookings.
- Community Facilities include: Hard Courts, Skate Park, Beach Volleyball, Lawn Bowls, Giant Chess, Exercise and Fitness Stations and Playground.
- Co-ordination of calendar and bookings of these Community Facilities.
- Co-ordination of equipment loan for relevant facilities.
- Manage general enquiries and potential patron disputes of community facilities.
- Monitor community facilities equipment and carry out process of administrative recommendations to carry out any required specialised maintenance and/or servicing and procurement of new equipment.
- Manage community facilities opening and closing hours with facility operations department/partner.
- Generate regular reports and proposals relating to responsibilities of the department.
- Ad-hoc creative work to archive Sports Development Programme and activities, i.e. photos, videos, research, etc.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities that will evolve within the general job scope.
- University Degree or Polytechnic Diploma.
- Minimum 2 years experience in sport events management. Possess a “hands-on”, “do-it-now” and can-do” attitude.
- Self-starter and possess natural drive to learn new things and constantly improve and re-invent.
- Independent, self-motivated, adaptable, able to think on the feet and solve problems.
- Enjoy non-routine work and happy to work on weekends and odd hours.
- Ability to work comfortably with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Required to work through a roster system throughout Mondays to Sundays in accordance the Experience Sports programming schedule.
- Regular office working hours are 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
SPORTSHUB PTE LTD