Executive / Senior Executive, NUHCS Ops & Admin Team
The Executive/ Senior Executive will be responsible for the management of assigned clinical service(s) across the continuum of care, and achieving stated outcomes in customer service, volume & financial targets, processes and learning & growth perspectives.
The scope of management includes inpatient wards, intensive care unit (ICU), high dependency unit (HDU), outpatient clinics, diagnostic and procedural labs and/or other assigned support hospital functions.Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- The Executive/ Senior Executive will manage service point(s)’ operations as assigned.
- Primary responsibility includes smooth operations of these service point(s), including administrative / operational matters and partnering Manager (Operations and Admin) to solve system and process problems.
- Work closely with stakeholders from other departments for procurement / infrastructure / building improvement / service provision and service improvement projects and ensure 1) adequate planning to minimize service disruption 2) user requirements are adequately captured in project specifications, 3) works are carried out in compliance to hospital’s SOP 4) projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Provide administrative support for service point(s) in relation to requirements related to its annual planning cycles, including financial, manpower and total training budgets.
- Track, monitor and make recommendations for the utilisation of departmental budget to achieve optimisation of allocated resources.
- Participate actively in relevant patient experience projects, rapid improvement events, IT projects and initiatives. Constantly review within assigned areas, systems and process initiatives to achieve safer, better, faster and cheaper care for the customers.
- Review key processes to improve overall key performance indicators/ outcomes in the areas of total customer experience, operational efficiency and optimal resources utilization.
- Track, monitor and make recommendations to achieve excellent customer satisfaction ratings.
- Review and update policies and procedures as needed.
- Work in partnership with the Manager (Operations and Admin) is responsible achieving customer satisfaction targets.
- Responsible for devising innovative services to continually improve service levels and delight customers.
- Handle customer complaints and follow up with service recovery if necessary.
- Support the service point(s) in achieving the volume and financial targets for the clinical services that he/she is assigned to. He/ She will be responsible for developing and carrying out business plans in conjunction with the clinical chiefs to ensure that goals are reached.
- The scope of business management includes annual financial budgeting and regular reviews with clinical heads, and development of new businesses.
- Responsible responsible for two-way communication between staff and management. He/ She should ensure timely dissemination of information, escalation of issues and recommending solutions to problems.
- Participate in committees and other tasks as and when assigned.
Secondary Responsibilities and Duties
- Give guidance to junior staff.
- Disseminate and implement hospital’s policy & procedure.
- Ensure Policy & Procedures are current.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Apply oneself to the job, continually upgrade oneself, live up to the Hospital’s core values.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong analytical, organisational, coordination, interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills
- Have practical knowledge of hospital operations.
- Be computer literate in Microsoft Word / Excel / Powerpoint
- At least two years’ working experience, preferably in service industry
- Positive, motivated, able to manage pressure, takes initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and as a team
- Service oriented and customer focused
- Basic degree (minimum)
- Embrace the NUHS mission and uphold and demonstrate the NUHS values :
- Interested applicants are invited to email detailed resumes, including current and expected salaries to NUH.
(We regret to advise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
National University Hospital