Executive, Precinct - Singapore Sports Hub
The Precinct venue of Singapore Sports Hub comprises of the outdoor spaces that connect the individual venues together, this includes several plazas and landscaped areas that are regularly activated for event purposes. Additionally, the venue acts as a support function / space for large-scale National Stadium events and as such the breadth of event operations within the Precinct is wide ranging. During nonevent periods, the Precinct is a 24hour community facility open for use for exercising, socializing and lifestyle activities.
As part of the Precinct Venue and Events team and reporting to the Venue Assistant Director, the position of Executive, Venue and Events, Precinct will support the day-to-day and event operations at what is one of the world’s leading sports and leisure facilities. Working closely with the Precinct team, stakeholders (internal and external), hirers, partners and the community at large, the successful candidate will work closely with management to deliver the facility operations on both day-to-day and event mode basis for the benefit of the public of Singapore, visiting guests as well as coordinating and liaising with hirers and promoters.
General Roles & Responsibilities
• To be a point of contact for venue colleagues, partners, hirers, clients and other stakeholders (internal and external) regarding the venue in relation to day-to-day and event related enquiries. Working as a designated representative of the venue when required.
• Have an excellent knowledge of the venue and provide site information to all client groups as requested.
• Communicate closely with internal and external partners to ensure all needs have been considered during the event planning cycle.
• Use venue knowledge to ensure hirers’ event layout complies with venue safety rules, as well as suggesting innovative ways to improve their event layout / flow.
• Liaise with partners to obtain correct information for facility maintenance / management andoperational costs for events.
• Work on event days to ensure proper supervision of set-up / tear-down and event relatedactivities scheduled within the Precinct.
• Co-ordinate and supervise event day frontline staff as required, including giving briefings and producing briefing documents, presentations and preparing deployment logistics.
• Use knowledge and initiatives during planning and execution of events to provide a safe and welcoming environment for hirers and patrons.
• Support and deliver community events and leisure programs.
• Support the production of venue operating documents through research, partner coordination, and administration.
• Assist in supporting the update and review of the Precinct venue Handbook and supporting documents e.g. Fact Sheets, Risk Assessments etc.
• Carry out various administrative procedures including organizing meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and coordinating attendance.
• Complete ad hoc operations and administrative functions as requested by your Line Manager.
• Assist with logistics and store management on a monthly basis, including the procurement process.
• Ensure that health and safety policies and regulations are adhered to and reflected positively through your actions and those of your colleagues and event-day staff.
• Liaise with the FM Team to support maintenance / cleaning programmes at the venue, including the logging of issues as required.
• Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university is preferred but not essential.
• Additional industry specific designations preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the event / sport / leisure industry will be seen as an advantage. Essential Job Functions, Personal Characteristics, Competencies and Behaviours:
• A can-do attitude with focus on achieving results.
• Has a strong Team focus / approach to the workplace, is a proactive team player and prepared to support the endeavors of the wider collective.
• Support the planning, organizing and implementation of events from community to international level.
• Uphold strong communications with the wider Sports Hub team and external partners.
• Collaboration with internal departments and stakeholders, such as FM, safety, traffic, marketing, sales and sports / community.
• Develop relationships and conduct regular interface with hirers, partners and other stakeholders.
• Handling enquiries from venue colleagues, partners, public, hirers and stakeholders.
• Liaising with community and industry bodies (including schools, sports clubs and other community groups).
• Ability to apply conflict resolution and problem-solving skills in a diverse environment.
• Thinks laterally, sources creative solutions in the face of unique challenges in a high paced, dynamic and fast moving environment.
• Ability to express ideas clearly through both oral and written communication, with strong attention to details.
• Previous event, venue or leisure experience is considered an advantage.
• Working hours are either 8:30AM to 6:00PM or 9:00AM to 6:30PM, Monday to Friday. Unique morning / evening and weekend hours will be required at frequent times in accordance with the event calendar.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
SPORTSHUB PTE LTD