Executive, Groups Reservation (Hotel)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd | Date Posted: 14-Nov-2018
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Coordinate with external clients on the fulfillment of assigned corporate and leisure hotel room block, guest room reservations and other arrangements related to hotel, to ensure the success of the event
- Maintain positive relations with clients , internal and external guests at all times through various forms of communication including email, telephone, and in person
- Comprehend and effectively communicate the terms and conditions of the sales contracts to the client to ensure contractual obligations and commitments are met and accorded
- Monitor and inform client of room block status and contracted due dates for all assigned groups
- Facilitate client requested changes to contracted room block, and billing requirements with relevant departments
- Process guest room reservations, set up billing requirements and reservations notes in property management system.
- Modify online reservation template/website based on Clients’ requirements.
- Knowledgeable and proactively provides accurate information about available products and services offered at Marina Bay Sands
- Upsell guestrooms
- Handle client/guest requests and redirect the request to the appropriate department(s) if request is not within scope and capacity of Groups Reservation ensuring client/guests’ requests are followed through
- Responsible for the dissemination of relevant information in a timely manner, prior to arrival of the group to other Hotel Operation departments
- Competency in operating property management system
- Attend pre-conference meeting as scheduled by Conference Manager.
- Be familiar with the local community and major events in the city.
- Be aware of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) and practice safety guidelines.
- Be familiar and adhere to Payment Card Industry Standard compliance guidelines
- Be conversant with all facets of Front Office operations including fire safety and emergency related procedures.
- Adhere to departmental and organizational standards.
- Attends training sessions as and when scheduled.
- Maintains close liaison with all other Departments to have a good understanding of other Departments’ operational flow, thus ensuring seamless guest experiences.
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by Management.
Education & Certification
- Minimum GCE ‘N’ or ‘O’ Level.
- Certificate or Diploma in Hospitality from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Prior experience in the same capacity or at least one year hotel experience is an advantage.
- Excellent guest relations and communication skills.
Skills / Abilities / Presence
- Candidates must have a good command of spoken and written English, any additional languages is an advantage
- Previous experience with “Opera” Property Management System an advantage
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel an advantage
- A team player who is willing to assist others, or be assisted if needed.
- Well-groomed and professional disposition.
- Able to work on weekends and public holidays.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required due to time zone difference when liaising with Clients based overseas.
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd