Executive - Function Space Optimization
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 30-Jan-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Blocking of all event space in EBMS after evaluating and analyzing business leads through revenue and profit maximizing metrics.
- Effectively yield and manage function space by maximizing overall MICE revenue for the Sands Expo & Convention Centre.
- Understand the needs of different market segments (e.g. Group Business, Wedding, Dry Events, Special events) and work effectively with MIC Sales team, Expo/Association Sales team, Conference and Catering sales, and Technical Event operations team to maximize overall revenue, profitability and efficiency from function space and technical & audiovisual rental and total F&B spend.
- Coordinate with Sales Managers to move space for existing bookings to ensure that the property is able to aggressively pursue high profit function space requests from Catering Managers and other sales associates.
- Determines and publishes free sell dates and strategies/guidelines for local catering, as well as reviewing catering space requests outside of free sell time frames.
- Performs daily and weekly function space diary audits to identify conflicts and double bookings, and ensure that the adequate space is protected for each group’s pattern, without affecting the ability to book another group immediately before or after.
- Understand and effectively utilize computerized operational systems for the function space – conference space management system and sales and catering system.
- Assist the Function Space Revenue Manager with data preparation and database maintenance in order to generate weekly/months reports and dashboards.
- Work closely with the Rooms Revenue management team to recommend pricing strategies and efficiency strategies to maximize revenue and profitability for function space, banquet pricing and technical equipment pricing according to demand and seasonality.
- Monitor and analyze market and competitor trends and key performance metrics and recommend changes in strategies and tactics as appropriate
- Formulate, audit and maintain policies and standard operating procedures which facilitate function space revenue management as part of overall integrated resort revenue and profit maximizing strategy.
- Diploma or higher in related field, including business, statistics, finance, hospitality management, or other analytical fields.
- 1-2 years working experience preferred but not mandatory in a MICE Sales or MICE Operations, analytical field, or relevant studies. CMP and/or CEM industry accreditation preferred. Fresh graduates are welcomed.
- Working knowledge and understanding of various function space operation systems and revenue management software preferred but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and EBMS mandatory.
- Knowledge of SAS, Tableau/Spotfire or any data-visualization tools preferred.
- Knowledge of meeting room capacities, banquet set-up, basic AV set-up, and any other pertinent details as they relate to function room set-up preferred.
- Be a team player and enjoy working within a dynamic group environment
- Has a passion and curiosity for revenue management and strong analytical ability.
- Be capable of logical thinking.
- Possess exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate findings and other data clearly and efficiently to executives and diverse audiences.
- Be meticulous, able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and in an organized way.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and stressful environment.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to departmental and company policies.
- Have a well groomed, professional appearance.
- Frequently move freely about the office, sit for long periods and withstand various activities such as frequent walking, standing, bending.
- Access all areas of the facility and travel off property when representing Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
- Work inside and continuously maneuver in and around all areas of the offices.
- Possess the manual dexterity to operate office equipment including a telephone, computer, photocopy machine, fax machine.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Work is carried out predominantly in the Revenue Optimization office in Harbourfront but is subject to change to meet business/operational needs.
- Must be willing to work any day of the week and on rotational shift when business requires.