Executive Director, Business Tech & Ops Head, PFS & Others
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)| Date Posted: 20-May-2020
- Design best in class solution in collaboration with Technology Architecture team
- Provide domain expertise in defining technology and operations strategies that enables the realization of business strategy and outcomes
- Support the respective business segments in shaping their thinking towards quality and scalable solution including operating model, end to end process and client experience
- Support the respective business segments in developing a quality business requirements document (BRD) including articulation of current vs to-be business process, business use case articulation, post implementation business activities (e.g. Regulatory, Compliance, SLA) and commercialization aspects
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Acts as a trusted advisor for business for all new business demands requiring technology or operations enablement / solution
- Prioritize business requests and co-create Business Roadmap with business segments
- Supports Biz T&O Head for project pipeline, pre-project planning activities, QR prioritization
- Supports effective business change by building relationships with business leaders, technology and operational business partners
- High Level Solutioning
- Develop high-level solution to illustrate feasibility of achieving target business outcomes
- Aligning high-level solution with organizational technology roadmap and strategy working in consultation with enterprise architecture and business technology services teams
- Work effectively with the business users and internal technology teams to ensure all aspects of the business requirement is defined and analysed
- Initiate the implementation plan for Group T&O projects. This will include all activities that the business needs to do to prepare for new operation process and technical components.
- Change Implementation Planning & Management
- Undertake scoping and evaluation of new initiatives. Defining overall considerations, including scalability, maintainability, cost, operations and technology principal risk to provide a recommendation
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional and technical teams including business analysts, solution architect, business technology services teams, and testing teams to define/clarify requirements
- Work with business technology services team on the smooth delivery of the solution
- Review Test Strategy, help plan and support the user acceptance testing and help address any issues. Ensures that there is a business perspective on how the new operations and technical capabilities will be delivered to the business.
- Spot potential problems, recognize the risk impact and propose risk mitigation strategies.
- Managing RUN
- Manage the communication and regular updates to business stakeholders on ‘critical’ production incidents and problems impacting customer and business operations
- Lead the regular review with business on system stability, responsiveness, production incident, problem tickets including identification of root cause.
- Track for continuous improvement. Ensure early identification and resolution of challenges impacting BAU systems.
- Monitoring the fulfilment of service levels between GTO and the business segments and highlighting required actions to close gaps where needed
- Sustainable Improvements
- Build a sustainable process for measuring benefits to ensure T&O resources are aligned to business initiatives which provide the highest ROI.
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Strong business domain knowledge in banking
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and process design skills that can translate analysis into solutions that meet business objectives
- Understanding of technology and operational processes across functions / departments in the bank/market.
- Resourceful team player
- Familiar with change management processes and project management fundamentals
- Strategic forward thinking approach to challenges with outstanding communications, influencing, negotiating and persuasion skills
- Passionate, diligent and resilient individual with ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Experience in scoping and evaluation – Defining overall considerations, including scalability, maintainability, cost, operations and technology principal risk to provide a recommendation
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/ business/ finance or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of relevant banking and/or consulting experience
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)