Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 18-Apr-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Responsible for all aspects of meal preparation, clean-up, and general upkeep of the kitchen and the restaurant
- Directly supervises Cooks, Prep-Cooks, Dishwashers, and Food runners.
- Responsible for ordering all food and supplies for the Kitchen, while maintaining budget.
- Responsible for performing written evaluations of all staff working in the kitchen.
- Performs weekly inspections of physical space, following the BOH Inspection Report.
- Attends and gives updates at weekly manager meetings.
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to the policies and procedures contained within the Employee Handbook and training materials.
- Maintain Food cost and BOH labor within budget guidelines and expectations.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing and hiring all BOH employees, following Marina Bay Sands policies.
- Emphasizes safety and security awareness, and ensuring that employees are properly trained to create safe situations.
- Will Participate in off-site events when ask needed. To include ordering working and staffing event.
- Complies and ensures hygiene policies are strictly adhered to a daily basis. Conducts training on hygiene standards and performs regular inspections with outlet chefs and stewarding.
- Ensures that periodic programs such as pest control, grease trap and kitchen hood cleaning are in place.
- Oversees annual budget.
- Evaluates, revises and improves existing Department policies and procedures. Prepares other required operational Department reports.
- Coordinates equipment needs, cleaning schedule/project status, health/safety and sanitation follow up with the Executive Steward and Hygiene team.
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes, determines food, labor, and overhead costs, and assigns prices to menu items.
- Liaise with Facilities management to ensure adequate preventative maintenance programs are being executed to keep kitchen equipment in good working order while maximizing their life span.
- Investigates and resolves guest complaints in a prompt, courteous and professional manner with proper documentation and resolutions.
- Work with Marketing team on initiative in order to drive foot traffic to the restaurant.
- Built and maintain a good relationship with the customer in order to create regular data base.
- Ensure participation and engagement in CSR activities.
- Perform regular review via appraisal format to employee.
- Research to be done on regular basis in order to have sustainable ingredient.
- Vocational School or above.
- Culinary Diploma or Certificate.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive Chef in a restaurant with a similar style of dining, capacity and volume.
- Ten years managerial experience in a high volume 4-5 star hotel. The candidate should possess a comprehensive and diverse culinary background that suggests a well-developed set of skills in terms of being able to cope in a large, diverse kitchen & restaurant environment.
- Knowledge of Asian and Western cuisines, their preparation and service. Understanding of latest culinary concepts in a broad range of cuisines.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s and budgeting.
- Excellent logistical, culinary and leadership skills.
- Able to instill safety and sanitation habits
- Fluent in English, knowledge of additional languages is advantages.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Work inside and continuously maneuver in and around all areas of the offices as well as the Kitchen
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting new dishes, appropriate for the venue’s concept.
- Proven ability to direct staff clear and concisely while positively influencing employee behavior and performance.
- Think quickly, multitask, and adapt to changing situations while maintaining the highest quality of product and other established standards.