Equipment Engineer 2
As a Manufacturing Equipment Engineer, you will provide technical leadership in manufacturing sustaining efforts in a high volume, consumables manufacturing environment. You will define and perform preventive maintenance on optical, mechanical, electrical and fluidics systems. You will work to improve equipment uptime and reliability. You will also apply organic chemistry principles in troubleshooting manufacturing and equipment process issues.
All About You
- Complete required training (e.g. cGMP, safety and work instructions, etc.) within a stipulated time frame.
- Execute any tasks strictly following cGMP, Quality, Safety and Work instruction requirements.
- Ensure employees follow safety, quality requirement and all applicable company policies at all times.
- Ensure proper housekeeping and maintain cleanliness (6S) of the working area.
- Timely report/ escalate any concerns (work related or personal).
- Meet daily production schedule and performance expectation set up by Superiors.
- Able to take on additional tasks or responsibilities as assigned by Superiors.
- Competent to perform all tasks in efficient and proper manner.
- Competent to perform complex equipment repair and maintenance. Able to find resolution for chronic equipment issues.
- Identify and update in SAP critical spare parts to ensure continuous Manufacturing support. Execute changes through change management.
- Generate PM document for new equipment and review existing PM/equipment document regularly and update as when needed.
- Provide guidance to Engineer1.
- Able to lead a small project and implement improvements within team under general supervision.
- Able to lead a small investigation team and write a simple report.
- Support Supervising Engineer and above to meet production target and organization objectives.
- Conduct Equipment Training & Guide EE1 all the PMTs to ensure their job performance meet the expectations.
- Ensure certification rate for own shift is consistently met the target range.
- Be a role model for all the PMTs and EE1.
- Able to train and guide all PMTs and EE1 by transferring knowledge and developing technical skills to improve their job performance.
- Plan training activities and coordinate the training schedules.
- Provide effective leadership and supervision for assigned shift.
- Participate/Actively involve in new products transfer(s).
- Resolve day-to-day technical problems within shift.
- Interact daily with peer groups. Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information and resolution on related equipment matters.
- Good in professional skills (e.g. feedback, motivation, promote team spirit, solve conflicts among subordinates or team members and performance management, etc.)
- Lead a team and mentor EE1 to meet Department KPI/ schedules and priorities.
- Capable to express self clearly in english language and able to work across multi-function teams.
- Advance Microsoft Word / Excel / Power Point skills.
- Statistical data analysis skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Good decision making and risk assessment skills - Ability to make decision on using right spare parts, operational impact, releasing tool after intervention, repair vs quality impact, change management and etc.
- Good Presentation skills.
- Able to read, write and understand English documents (i.e. work instructions, safety rules, etc.).
- Able to read and understand Advanced Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Pneumatic Diagrams.
- Ensure compliance with cGMP, quality, work safety instructions & practices at all times.
- Complete all tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- High level of discipline and integrity.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Willing to undergo job rotation/ cross training.
- Willing to work in noisy environment with protection provided (PPE).
- Willing to work in chemical environment with protection provided (PPE).
- Possess a positive attitude and sense of urgency and ownership.
- Meticulous, keen attention to details and organized.
- Candidate must be able to work 12 hours rotating shifts (4 Weekly rotations from day to night and vice versa).
- Candidate must agreeable to work normal shift when required to do so.
- Able to stay inside the manufacturing floor for most part of the shift (10 hours).
- Able to lift heavy weights safely.
- Preferred Diploma in Engineering, Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical or Mechatronics will have added advantage.
- Preferred 8+ years for Diploma, 2+ years Degree of working experience in manufacturing/production environment.
- Preferred GMP+ ISO 13485, ISO 9001 Standard trained.
Illumina Singapore Pte Ltd