Enginner, Project/ Planner
PEC Ltd| Date Posted: 3-Jul-2019
Entry Level, Experienced
Bachelor's / Honours
Job Responsible :
- Assist the Senior Project Engineer to conduct kick-off, pre-project/project meetings to ensure team members is clear on the objectives, deliverable, Quality, Lead-time, and Safety, requirements, construction and complexities; that carried out the detailed projection execution and contingency plan if any.
- Plan and assist the Senior Engineer to monitor the daily progress of activities to achieve on or before schedule, i.e. by comparing the planned vs actual progress status, identify critical activities.
- Preparation of engineering documents, such as work instructions and progress reports/data, hand over status.
- Prepare the statement/work procedures, RA to specify the detailed work step required for the specific task of the job to be done and identify key risk with the associate risk. A risk mitigation strategy is applied with the whole project construction task.
- Calculate usage of resources, such as labour hours, materials and tools, and other costs to make comparison with budgets and report prognosis to the Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager.
- Understand and evaluate the project requirements and project plans particularly, materials, schedule, equipment and labour loading.
- Assist the Senior Engineer/construction superintendent in assigning tasks to work teams.
- Explain the site situation, technical requirements, project specifications, special engineering requirements, coordination procedures, execution approach and activities priorities to the various work teams to seek contributions for further refinement.
- Ensure that various disciplines (including quality and safety personnel) are carrying out each tasks and tests/inspection in accordance with specification and standards as per the contractual requirements.
- Assist in resolving engineering issues at site, coordinating with the respective engineering support units and referring to the Construction Superintendent for guidance, if necessary report discrepancy (if any) on labour status, equipment, materials etc. to the Senior Project Engineer.
- Prepare the necessary documents for any additional works of V/O’s, F.I. etc.
- Update the project portal regularly.
- Ensure, monitor and maintain site billing and invoicing comprehensive process flow/procedure for client and subcontractors/APs.
- Prepare and submit the monthly progress billing to clients
- Preparation of project close-out report for the Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager to review
- Ensure final acceptance of the project by client in accordance with contractual requirements
Job Requirements :
- Degree / Diploma in Mechanical/Civil/Chemical/ Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in the same capacity, preferable in similar or related industries.
- Good technical competency
- Good Communication skills; both verbal and writing in English
- Knowledge and application of planning tools such as Primavera P6/P3, MS-Project is essential.