Engineering Assistant (Hardware)
Job Title: Engineering Assistant (Hardware)
Industry: Manufacturing - Other
Location: South West, Singapore
With more than 20000 people in more than one-third countries in the world, our client is one of the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation. They are committed to make its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Their keen focus on technology innovation and corporate responsibility fuels their success.
- You will be assisting in the development and support of the electronics hardware used in Industrial Control products such as Controllers, Input/Output, Communications and Power Supply Modules. Area of participation in product development activities include implementing of electronics hardware, conducting design validation tests, and creating design documentation. You will participate in product support activities for manufacturability, quality improvements and customer support issues. You are expected to work independently with minimum guidance provided by development team. You will help to guide certification issues, functional quality and general product integrity. You will also manage equipment calibration cycles and be responsible to track assets for the department.
- Diploma in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or related qualification
- Minimum 2-3 years??? relevant hardware design experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Microprocessor/Microcontroller system based preferably with ARM processor experience
- Logic Design and Implementation with FPGA/CPLD/PAL devices
- Analog Circuit Simulation and Design
- Proven ability to carry out product testing for Environmental and Certification Test (EMC test)
- Standards, EMC/EMI/ESD and functional safety regulatory certifications
- Basic embedded software skills (C, Assembly) and the use of debuggers/emulators
- Experience with design analysis tools ranging from schematic capture to PCB layout
- Working hours: Office hour Monday to Friday, 5 day work week : 8.30am to 5.30am or 9am to 6pm (flexible starting time can be discussed with manager.) All Fridays end at 4.30pm
- Shuttle bus available from Jurong East and lakeside (morning / evenings)
- Training leave to attend Skillsfuture course, Family Care Leave, Volunteer work time-off on top of usual leave (such as annual leave, other govt required leave types eg medical leave).
- Competitive flexible Benefits include coverage for holiday package, medical, dental, TCM, fitness club fee, optical,etc.
- Insurance coverage
- Work-life initiatives: During June and December school holidays, dependent on work exigencies (not applicable to staff on shift work or operators). Work 1 additional hour per day from Monday to Thursday, Friday allowed to leave earlier by 4 hours (i.e 12.30pm)
- Discount of $1 off for lunch time at canteen.
- Discounted snacks and bread.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume via clicking the apply button.
JointHire Singapore Pte Ltd.(EA License No.: 17C8920)
James Sim (Registration No.: R1980794 )
JointHire Singapore Pte Ltd