Engineer/Senior Engineer, New Product and DFX, Operations Engineering
ASM is a leading, global supplier of semiconductor wafer processing equipment. Our ambitious team is dedicated to delivering innovative technology solutions to the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers. We have over 2,200 employees based in 16 countries, including Belgium, Japan, Netherlands, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and United States. Together we work to develop Epitaxy, ALD, PEALD, Vertical Furnaces and PECVD thin-film deposition technologies for our customers. Our goal is to remain an industry leader by being ahead of what’s next. We accomplish this by focusing on finding collaborative solutions to make integrated circuits, or chips, smaller, faster and even more powerful.
ASM, an inclusive workplace
We at ASM are a truly global organization that works diligently with an open-mind in all areas of our business. We strive for a culture and work style that fosters trust and transparency. We put our people first, and that is how we will continue to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We recognize and value the differences between individuals, including gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, knowledge and experience, work background, age, skills, amongst others. Recruiting and developing a diverse workforce provides a wide range of perspectives. This enables a culture of continuously exploring and adopting new technological ideas and innovations, and it also enables us to deliver excellent products and service to our clients.
As an engineer at ASM, you’ll have the opportunities to get involved in a wider scope of work compared to our larger competitors. While the workload is challenging, you are given the independence and autonomy to perform at your peak. This work requires thinking “outside of the box” in an innovative manner, so you must have the ability to collaborate with others to deliver creative solutions, work well under pressure and pay great attention to small details.
Position Title: Engineer/Senior Engineer, New Product and DFX, Operations Engineering
- Lead the Global Operations (GOPS) team (Manufacturing Engineering, Global Procurement, Manufacturing and their support functions) with emphasis on cost reduction, cycle time & lead time reduction, material flow, quality improvements, and efficient manufacturing methods & processes for new products and their transition to volume manufacturing
- Strategize GOPS goals and objectives to meet the BU targets and should be able to prepare / participate, present and engage in the BU and Toll Gate reviews
- Engage in DFX forums to influence design concepts and decisions. Enable Top Level Model approach to drive towards Digitization and Virtual Analysis. Perform Virtual Assembly to validate and improve designs
- Strategize the cost and labour hour reduction roadmaps with the internal partners including the Business Units (BUs)
- Define and create manufacturing and quality documentation (i.e. Operation Method Sheets, work instructions, test procedures, inspection checklists, etc.)
- Manage tooling and test equipment requirements. Innovation in implementing tooling and test equipment to manufacturing efficiency and customer quality
- Drive implementation and compliance of Manufacturing Readiness Reviews (MRRs) as part of the Product Life Cycle (PLC) process
- Manage and transfer/ outsource High Volume Manufacturing (HVM) products to Contract Manufacturers by meeting all the Toll Gate requirements
- Engage Field support and BUs to build the capability of the Engineering team on the equipment and process knowledge of ASM equipment.
- Assist in troubleshooting for the assigned product(s) for operational engineering topics with follow up leading to the structural solution
- Create routings as part of manufacturing preparation
- Create Sequence of Events (SOE) to define manufacturing flow and material staging Implement best practices between Contract manufacturers (CM) and internal manufacturing during the HVM transfer stage
- Drive timely solutions for the suppliers by engaging BU and GOPS team to meet the lead time, quality and cost goals.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with proven track record to drive changes and implement changes to benefit the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/System Engineering, Master’s Degree will be a plus
- Minimal 5-8 years of experience working in a manufacturing or engineering environment. Experience with semiconductor capital equipment is a must. At least 3 years in New Product Introduction or transfer role.
- Extensive experience in E2E new product development and design, from concept/ design to alpha/ beta, and release to HVM
- Extensive experience in Design Review, Virtual Analysis, Top Level Model, Electrical/ Pneumatic Schematics
- Experience in 2D and 3D CAD modelling and design release process. Knowledge and compliance to design guidelines. Simulation, modelling, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience will be a plus
- Track records on driving manufacturing material and process innovations. Knowledge in assembly material fabrication processes, involving ceramics, quartz, sheet metals, machining parts, welding process, etc.
- Knowledge and practice of GD&T and stack up tolerance analysis in design review and improvement activities
- Advanced analytical and diagnostic tools, data analytics, programming and scripting software for automation
- Knowledge on subsystem and system level of design validation and test methodology development
- Experience in working and interfacing with cross functional teams and Demonstrated ability to influence cross functional organization and drive changes.
- Prior experience in implementing DFM, DFE, DFX, Lean concepts through manufacturing engineering; Modular assemblies, Feeder lines, Off-line assemblies, flow line and automated testing.
- Familiar with the following operational excellence tools but not limited to; Lean manufacturing, FMEA, 8D, PDCA, Problem solving, Microsoft project, six sigma, and ROI.
- Strong understanding of bill of material structure (Product structure, Family tree, Generic vs. Customization, Merge in Transit) and revision changes and how it affects manufacturing and procurement from concept to HVM stage
- Ability to relate Engineering changes in equipment to the semiconductor process, specifically on CVD / ALD / Epi processes
- Experience with SAP and/or major ERP/MRP systems and processes at user level
- Experience in managing multiple projects using project management skills and tools
From the very start of the semiconductor industry to the present day, we’ve been technology leaders who have pioneered innovation and brought new processes into mainstream manufacturing. We are collaborating, creating, and delivering on our vision – a shared vision to drive innovation with new technologies and delivering excellence with dependable products. By doing this, we’ll create new possibilities for everyone to understand, create and share more of what they love.
Be part of our exciting future and join our team today!
ASM Front-End Manufacturing Singapore Pte Ltd