We are looking to hire a highly motivated, hands-on supply chain Engineer/ Snr Engineer who will be responsible to plan, source, purchase and execute purchase orders to support Operations, Facilities and CAPEX Project in most cost-effective manner. Key responsibilities include order management, material planning, inventory management, contract management and driving cost savings initiatives related to the manufacturing lines.
- Review procurement strategy and advise on suitability, source comparable quotes in all fields
- Direct hands-on and working on price and Terms & Conditions negotiation with suppliers, vendors and contractors.
- Source for new and alternative suppliers to support direct and indirect materials/equipment/tools from inside and outside of Singapore.
- Manage purchasing cycle including request for quotation, PO creation, PO follow up, goods/services receipt, supplier billing and purchase forecasting.
- Day-to-day co-ordination and communications with suppliers/ Contractors (working at REC site or in other countries) to ensure meeting REC requirement, specifications delivery plan.
- Manage all activities for sale of equipment – internally and with customers
- Plan, execute and analyze materials requirements and reschedule plans. Highlight raw material issues or delays to Production Planner and Procurement Manager
- Monitor, review and work to maintain optimum material inventory and safety inventory level.
- Manage raw materials obsolescence, slow moving stock and excess inventory for disposition
- Handle miscellaneous projects or purchase as and when necessary.
2. Other Procurement administrations
- Tracking of all procurement activities, deliveries and all related status
- Identify, Remediate, Track and Close out procurement related open items
- General support to management and constantly keeping updated on all procurement related issues & activities.
- Degree in Supply Chain, Purchasing or other disciplines with min 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain or Purchasing.
- Proficient in MS office applications, ERP software like IFS, SAP or Oracle
- Good English and Chinese writing & communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills-ability to collaborate with and motivate key players to achieve desired results in a professional manner
- Dynamic, independent, good team player & committed with proactive working attitude
- Others, perform other duties as assigned. Duties will arise from new requirements of business needs. Duties will vary per the competence level on individual level.
REC Solar Pte Ltd