Engineer, Process (Modules Assembly)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a Process Engineer with good ethics and dedication to be a part of the module Engineering team. Selected candidate will be working on challenging tasks in a dynamic manufacturing environment to achieve the BU’s strategic goals and key KPIs. The position requires Solar module or electronic Process/Assembly skills and knowledge for continuous improvement in terms of module quality, module reliability, etc. by implementing best known methods. Selected candidates will work closely with the Process & Equipment Engineering team to define all the necessary process and equipment configuration and control procedures in order to meet product functional and reliability requirements.
Engineer will be required to update any new procedures and required documentations (such as internal work instructions (WI), standard operating procedures (SOP) during change management. Engineer must adhere to all the HSE principles and WI during the work.
Possess quality mindset. Work with related departments (such as Production, Equipment, Quality, Technology) to resolve quality issues and implement required decisions made by management. Ensure no quality issues during proper change management/ implementation phase.
Initiate and lead process waste & cost reduction projects. These types of projects will relate to man, method, machine, and materials. In cases where projects are not initiated, participation towards such project will be required. The Key Performance Indicator is product cost competitiveness to support our product pricing.
• Project Management.
Establish schedules, required resources (both within the organization or 3rd party), and cost of projects and risks identification to implement and execute the required projects. Ability to create excellent customer supplier relationship. The ability to build good relationship is to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The Key Performance indicators are the results and prompt project schedule control.
• Problem solving and Continuous Improvement
Ability to solve complex problems through systematic problem solving approach. Lead or support projects relating to process stability, new process qualification and industrialization activities to improve output, quality and reliability. To run and execute projects base on change management process flow practices in REC.
Need to establish good working relationship with cross functional teams and provide necessary support. Perform other duties as assigned. Duties will vary according to the degree of difficulties and involvement of the specific targets set in the department.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical/ Materials Engineering
- Knowledge in Semiconductor/Solar cells and module assembly processes
- Strong knowledge and experience in process integration & development methods
- Knowledge in PFMEA, DFMEA, DOE, Fish-Bone Analysis, etc.
- Strong technical analysis competency with the use of analytical tools like JMP, Mini-Tab for troubleshooting and data-mining
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work under stress
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels (PS to Management) within the organization.
- Systematic problem solving approach (RCA) to get issues resolved in a timely manner with updates
- Dynamic & committed with proactive working attitude
- Ability to initiate without being asked
- Challenging spirit to improve current conditions
- Highly effective personal skills – communication and organization
REC Solar Pte Ltd