Engineer Factory Automation (Fab 7)
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Singapore Pte. Ltd. | Date Posted: 27-Oct-2018
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
Design, develop and support Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) Systems, ensure System availability and performance and enable the Fab to meet its Yield/Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing goals.
- Provide Level 2 Operations Support, Ensure System Availability & Performance
- Standby for Level 2 Operations Support for the assigned Applications and their integrations to other Applications; applications include MES, CMMS, RMS, SPC, R2R, FDC, EI and message bus.
- Provide consultation on Application function, work with Users to fully exploit Application capabilities
- Setup, monitor and analyze availability trends, propose and implement improvement activities
- Perform regular data housekeeping
- Perform FMEA, implement monitoring, alert and recovery scripts and SOPs
- Develop application operation, trouble-shooting and recovery SOPs and training materials and train and lead CIM AE in the performance of Level 1 Support tasks. Analyze issue logs and implement continuous improvements to reduce issues.
- Understand end user goals/priorities and domain knowledge; develop, test and document cost-effective CIM/APC Solutions to attain Quality, Cycle Time, Throughput, Equipment Utilization goals and increase User Productivity and prevent human errors.
- Develop application functionality training materials and conduct training for End Users
- Perform acceptance tests for solutions developed by peers and vendors.
- Work on improvement projects in Solutions, Systems and Infrastructure to improve data integrity, system robustness, availability and performance.
- Work with IT to ensure effective backups and restore; meeting customer and audit requirements
- If specialization is in EI Application:
- Work with equipment vendors to ensure compliance of wafer processing equipment to automation capabilities specifications
- Characterize equipment, confirm operations scenarios, develop, deploy and support EI
- Accountable and responsible for the CIM utilization and equipment CIM-hookup of specific assigned fab module(s)As a Senior Engineer apart from the above tasks:
- Gather end user requirements, translate to functional specifications, design solutions (including integrations with other CIM, offline Analysis or IT Applications), obtain user sign-off
- Work with IT to manage system capacity and tune System and Database performance; to meet future capacity ramp or new business needs; to test and roll out System and Database patches
- Keep track and follow up on outstanding issues with Application Vendors; test and roll out Application patches and enhancements
- Education/Experience -
- Degree/Master in Electrical/Electronics or Communications Engineering, Mechanical or Production Engineering, Applied Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- Engineer: 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in high tech manufacturing environment
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Singapore Pte. Ltd.