Engineer Factory Automation
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Singapore Pte. Ltd. | Date Posted: 29-Jun-2018
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
Design, develop and support Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) Systems, ensure System availability and performance and enable the Fab to meet its Yield/Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing goals.
- Provide Level 2 Operations Support, Ensure System Availability & Performance
- Standby for Level 2 Operations Support for the assigned Applications and their integrations to other Applications; applications include MES, CMMS, RMS, SPC, R2R, FDC, EI and message bus.
- Provide consultation on Application function, work with Users to fully exploit Application capabilities
- Setup, monitor and analyze availability trends, propose and implement improvement activities
- Perform regular data housekeeping
- Perform FMEA, implement monitoring, alert and recovery scripts and SOPs
- Develop application operation, trouble-shooting and recovery SOPs and training materials and train and lead CIM AE in the performance of Level 1 Support tasks. Analyze issue logs and implement continuous improvements to reduce issues.
- Understand end user goals/priorities and domain knowledge; develop, test and document cost-effective CIM/APC Solutions to attain Quality, Cycle Time, Throughput, Equipment Utilization goals and increase User Productivity and prevent human errors.
- Develop application functionality training materials and conduct training for End Users
- Perform acceptance tests for solutions developed by peers and vendors.
- Work on improvement projects in Solutions, Systems and Infrastructure to improve data integrity, system robustness, availability and performance.
- Work with IT to ensure effective backups and restore; meeting customer and audit requirements
- If specialization is in EI Application\:
- Work with equipment vendors to ensure compliance of wafer processing equipment to automation capabilities specifications
- Characterize equipment, confirm operations scenarios, develop, deploy and support EI
- Accountable and responsible for the CIM utilization and equipment CIM-hookup of specific assigned fab module(s)As a Senior Engineer apart from the above tasks\:
- Gather end user requirements, translate to functional specifications, design solutions (including integrations with other CIM, offline Analysis or IT Applications), obtain user sign-off
- Work with IT to manage system capacity and tune System and Database performance; to meet future capacity ramp or new business needs; to test and roll out System and Database patches
- Keep track and follow up on outstanding issues with Application Vendors; test and roll out Application patches and enhancements
- Education/Experience -
- Degree/Master in Electrical/Electronics or Communications Engineering, Mechanical or Production Engineering, Applied Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- Engineer\: 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in high tech manufacturing environment
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Singapore Pte. Ltd.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's only semiconductor foundry with a truly global manufacturing and technology footprint, with 18,000 employees spanning Asia, Europe and the Americas serving over 250 customers including the world’s leading technology companies. We focus on the processes and platforms that will drive markets, so customers with a shared vision of the future can shape their industries. This is more than just a job, it’s your fingerprint on the future. An opportunity to make semiconductors core to reshaping our lives and providing connectivity to billions, that are helping realize the Internet of Things and redefining transportation. Work from one of the world’s largest semiconductor IP portfolios to create innovations you can feel proud of. Work you truly enjoy taking home. A career where we say: I helped make that possible.