Embedded Software Engineer (C++,C& Assembly languages/ Jurong)
Manpower Singapore| Date Posted: 6-Jun-2021
EA Licence No: 02C3423
Bachelor's / Honours
Embedded Software Engineer (C++ , C & Assembly languages/ Jurong)
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done. We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
The Embedded Software Engineer designs and implements the embedded software that is an integral part of Schlumberger measurement and control systems in close collaboration with engineers in other disciplines, and/or located in other engineering centers. Evaluates methods, technology and development tools to be used for the project. Keeps updated on software technology and specifically on technology within the embedded domain. With increasing experience and seniority, the incumbent will supervise and mentor younger engineers, and participate in activities to define and implement frameworks and design practices, as well as knowledge sharing activities in the local and global community.
Relationships: Reports to Software Project Manager or Product Manager. May be supervised by the Team Leader.
Specific deliverables and responsibilities
• Design & implement embedded software for measurement and control systems incorporating multiple processors using Real Time Operating Systems.
• Design of high speed, hard Real Time data acquisition & logging systems.
• Testing & debugging hardware / software issues.
• Implementation of DSP algorithms.
• Gathering and analysis of requirements and estimation.
• Coordinating software development with other disciplines within own projects, and with other engineering projects.
• Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop presentation.
• Support manufacturing and field organizations on design and testing related issues.
• Produce analyses, mathematical models, designs, and draw design conclusions based on those.
• Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
• Conduct and/or participate in multi-disciplinary technical reviews. Ensure commitments are agreed, reviewed and met.
• Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.).
• Create and maintain product documentation.
• Provide support and prepare technical documentation to field and/or customers through InTouch in a timely fashion.
• May assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers.
• May mentor others regarding technical matters.
• Share expertise share expertise across the organization via internal specific network. and expand his/her informal network throughout the organization: field, research, engineering, manufacturing, other domains.
• May author/co-author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
• Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate the development plans that ensure high quality, low cost products and systems to the field and/or customer.
• Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
• Learn new skills and adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and lowcost products that maintain Schlumberger's technical leadership position.
• Apply and comply with the embedded software development process.
• Maintain familiarity with Company technology, organization and business.
• Understand and provide technical solutions according to the Schlumberger strategy.
• Comply with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System, and Health, Safety, and Environment standards and procedures.
Experience in the following areas is required:
• Thorough knowledge of coding & debugging methodology.
• Thorough knowledge of C++ and/or C & Assembly languages.
• Thorough knowledge of embedded Linux programming
• Experience in using various hardware & software tools used in development & debugging; like emulator, simulator, modeling, scopes, logics analyzer, etc.
• Understanding of Microprocessor & DSP based hardware design, ability to read and understand schematics and manufacturer datasheets of components.
• Thorough understanding of programmable peripherals & serial communications.
• Experience in shell scripting, Linux environment including boot loader, HW support packages and tools, device drives
• Experience in TCP/IP, network programming, uboot, IoT gateway, Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G/4G
• Experience in development of fault tolerant systems.
• Experience with development of basic DSP algorithms and implementation.
• Experience with Texas Instruments C2000 real-time controllers DSP, Freescale MCIMX53xA ARM Cortex 8 core processor and MCF5445x ColdFire microprocessor will be desirable.
• Knowledge of Real Time Operating System, Matlab, Object Oriented Design and Embedded C++.
• Knowledge of Labview CVi / TestStand is an added value to automate the validation process.
• Quality management
• Agile and iterative development
• Process implementation and improvement
• Leadership Previous Experience and Competencies:
• PhD in Science or Engineering with software experience or education; MS in Science or Engineering and 1-2 years related experience; BS in Science or Engineering and 4-5 years related experience. Other traits:
• Good communication skills
• Can function independently and in a team
• Analytical thinker
• Able to provide creative and innovative solutions
If you possess the relevant skillsets, do apply with an updated CV in word format.
We shall contact shortlisted candidates.
Ng Yew Koon Sherry
Senior Recruitment Consultant (R1657259)
EA License No.: 02C3423
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259