Electronics Team Leader (Radio Frequency/ Jurong)
Manpower Singapore| Date Posted: 3-Jun-2021
EA Licence No: 02C3423
Bachelor's / Honours
Electronics Team Leader (Radio frequency/ Jurong)
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done. We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
The electronics team leader must have a good technical expertise and good analytical skills.
Electronics board design expertise:
- Schematic design, simulation and PCB layout verification:
- Ideally knowledge of digital electronics (DSP, FPGA), communications (RS485, CAN,i2c, ethernet …) and Radio frequency electronics GHz range)
- Knowledge of sensors analog front ends from various technologies, pressure sensors, thermal sensors etc.
- Knowledge of simulation tools such as Spice, MATLAB, Python, Qucs or ADS,
- Use of the design toolsets (ideally Cadence) for schematic and layout
- Design for cost: optimize the design to be cost oriented
- Thermal analysis, optimize the design to make it reliable (choice of best package…)
- Knowledge of board manufacturing processes in SAC305: able to specify assembly procedures,
- able to handle obsolescence of component and update design accordingly
- Design Verification and validation:
- Power analysis of boards: use of thermal cameras
- Temperature tests
- Troubleshooting skills (knowledge of use of multimeter, network analyser, spectrum analyser, function generator…)
- Product validation (EMC validation including environmental tests).
- Board test specification for the testability engineer
- Regulation applicability such as EMI, EMC, WEEEE, ROHS
- Globally, the designer must have already some experience of industrial design (high constraint of reliability).
Technical skill nice to have:
- Some Labview skills to make test setups are also good skillsets.
- Knowledge of ATEX, IECEX, CSA regulations
The team leader must have good communication skills and must be able to drive:
- Fellow designer / engineers: able to give design advices and follow up on the progress, increase the team competency on design and troubleshooting skills, verify the understanding.
- Expert designers: able to communicate with technical expert to brainstorm the best design options, able to give direction to firmware / software engineers, able to verify and feedback the design implementations.
- ECAD design: supervision and follow up of their board design implementation,
Interaction with various stakeholders:
- PCB manufacturers: communicate the product file and consider the remarks for product file update and manufacturing optimization
- Other suppliers: cables, sensors.: able to give the technical requirements to suit the product requirements and to verify them.
- Other engineering team members: Mechanical, physicists %3D> update the product based on their requirement, capability to understand the implication of design changes needed.
- Sourcing, Trade and compliance, manufacturing teams: share the project details to other teams so the product can be manufactured
If you possess relevant skillsets, do apply with an updated CV in word format.
We shall contact shortlisted candidates.
Ng Yew Koon Sherry
Senior Recruitment Consultant (R1657259)
EA License No.: 02C3423
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
Sherry, Yew Koon Ng EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1657259