EHS Specialist (Chemical) - Ref: NSJ
EHS Specialist (Chemical) – Ref: NSJ
- Serve as regional (Singapore & Korea) workplace health and safety officer. The individual will oversee workplace safety practices and ensure compliance with regional laws and regulations.
- Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Assessing levels of hazardous substances/chemicals to reduce chemical exposures,
- Manage regional incident reporting system and medical surveillance,
- Assessing and recommending personal protection equipment,
- Managing and overseeing warehouse and production safety and handling procedures,
- Tracking and maintaining first aid kits, spill/containment kits, hazmat equipment,
- Conduct H&S monitoring and sampling of multi-media samples,
- Plan and conduct safety and health and safety training and promoting safety practices.
- Supervise employee activities and inspect company to ensure align with Global EHS policy and compliance with local regulations and standards.
- Coordinate and work with process owners on Fire, EHS and related permits, licenses and certificates application and maintenance.
- Develop, train and maintain regional emergency response team (ERT) and any readiness, preparedness and awareness program.
- Coordinate and support ISO 14001, 18001, 45001 certifications and Customer CSR program as determined by regional needs.
- Manage the waste management program, this will include overseeing the hazardous and non-hazardous waste profiling, storage and disposal activities per laws and regulations and record keeping.
- Handle accident reports including directing investigating, records filling and identify strategies.
- Define and develop regulatory filing strategies of assigned projects regarding approved products. This includes coordinating activities and defining content and timing of submission and approval in order to have global regulatory agreement, as required, before implementation.
- Provide regulatory assessments for proposed business and manufacturing changes related to approved products in compliance with guidelines and regulations
- Provide regulatory leadership during manufacturing health & safety site inspections.
- Utilize company approved tools and systems to manage regulatory issues, including enterprise system and regulatory/SDS authoring and label creation software.
- Serve as a member of interdepartmental working groups providing regulatory expertise for assigned projects or segments of projects related to approved products.
- Maintain an awareness of regulatory issues and current possible developments in assigned geographic and technical areas.
- Assist in the development and implementation of regulatory strategies
- Serve as regional point of contact as product regulatory and compliance strategies are developed and implemented in order to achieve business and manufacturing strategies while accounting for regulatory threats, opportunities, constraints, and future changes.
- Ensure product regulatory compliance of licensed products throughout their lifecycle, ensuring proper regulatory management of changes, deviations, exemptions, notifications, etc. in close collaboration with Operations, Quality Assurance, R&D, Business Operations, and others.
- Ensure regulatory compliance of labels by establishing and maintaining the regulatory files for labels and preparing labels and submissions based on applicable regulations in cooperation with Business Operations, Supply, and others as appropriate.
- Manage product regulatory and compliance submissions and all necessary follow up.
To apply, please email your detailed CV in MS Words format to: Sarah Jumain, [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
Sarah Binte Mohamed Jumain (CEI: R1981588)
Recruit Express Pte Ltd
EA license Number: 99C4599
Recruit Express Pte Ltd