EHS Specialist (Chemical Plant)
Salary Up to $5000 - $6000 (basic) + 1 month AWS + Variable Bonus
Working Hours: Monday to Friday (830am to 530pm)
Our Client specialist in Chemical industrial, US MNC
Key Responsibilities / Roles:
- Maintain current knowledge of local EHS laws and regulations and ensure site compliance.
- Ensure compliance with internal requirements.
- Drive and coordinate the implementation/ maintenance of EHS Elements program (e.g. LOTO, contractor safety, PPE, safety equipment inspections, etc.)
- Support EHS interactions with key customers when required.
- Facilitate the functioning of the site EHS Committee to promote and achieve a safe workplace.
- Carry out EHS reviews of sites through periodic site visits to verify compliance and to identify improvement opportunities. Lead quantified risk assessments (QRA), Hazops, hazard reviews of capital equipment or facility (AFE’s).
- Lead injury prevention activities.
- Conduct new employee EHS orientation training, coordinate intranet-based EHS training for employees and other on-site EHS training.
- Support safety training of contractors before commencement of contract works.
- Facilitate risk assessment of all hazardous tasks to be undertaken by contractors or employees.
- Encourage UA/UC and near-miss reporting, coordinate/support incident investigation and facilitate return to work.
- Administer the internet-based corrective actions tracking system (Process Map) to achieve timely closure of actions.
- Coordinate annual emergency drills.
- Act as the emergency response coordinator. Prepare and update response plan.
- Conducting regulatory compliance audits.
- Industrial hygiene – ensure required IH monitoring is carried out to ensure the occupational health of employees.
- Waste Management Program – ensure proper collection and disposal of wastes.
- Implement Corporate EMS Goals (Waste Reduction / Waste Minimization).
- Support day-to-day EHS issues and compliance.
- Coordinate EHS promotional activity.
- Lead continuous improvement teams.
- Engaging managers and employees in the EHS processes.
- Ensure sites maintain the ISO14001 and 45001 certification.
- Strong knowledge of Singapore environmental, occupational safety and health regulations and ISO 14001 and 45001 experience.
- Minimum 5-year experiences in implementing various EHS programs and processes in a manufacturing environment. Experiences in Process Safety Management chemical Process Operations is preferred.
- Project management, team organization and building, problem recognition and solving.
- Self-directed, ability to work with limited supervision, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Occupational Health, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field or equivalent.
- Professional EHS certifications are desired.
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Please email your resume in a detailed MS Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]; stating
1) Current Drawn
2) Expecting Salary
3) Date Available
4) Reason to Leave each job:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Willie Zhong Yueheng
People Profilers Pte Ltd,
10 Anson Road #09-01/02 International Plaza
Tel: 6805 0862
EA License Number: 02C4944
EA Personnel Reg nos R1986471
Job iD: W59R4W
People Profilers Pte Ltd