EHS Engineer (Fire Safety Cert) @ West
HR Focus| Date Posted: 29-May-2020
EA Licence No: 13C6829|EA Personal Registration No: R1102556
Manager, Senior Manager
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Conduct routine checks on general safety practices and propose corrective actions and measures to be taken.
- Ensure adequacy, effectiveness and readiness of fire protection system and Emergency Response Team management system.
- Ensure inspection and review of plant activity and operation (includes processes) and alert relevant Section Head of any machinery, equipment, appliance, activity or process used in each department that exposes any person to the risk of bodily injury, and to recommend appropriate corrective measures.
- Promote safe and healthy working conditions through education, awareness campaigns, training courses, drills, competitions, contests and other activities.
- Liaise with statutory bodies on EHSS-related licenses and permits and keep updated on the latest change in regulations and Acts and be conversant with all waste management regulations, procedures and licensing requirements.
- Conduct fire and safety training to employees.
- Constant update to management of EHSS performance and the continual improvement plan.
- Liaise with 3rd party security service provider and ensure the appropriateness and effectiveness of services rendered to organisation.
- Constant plan-do-check-act on the related EHSS matter of plant's Environmental, Health and Safety Management System and ensure continual improvement/upgrading of the system.
- To carry out the role of Deputy Environmental Management Representative
- Degree in Engineering (Chemical), Engineering (Petroleum / Oil / Gas), Engineering (EHS), Chemistry or equivalent with at least 3 years of working experience in the Process industry.
- Certified Fire Safety Manager (FSM).
- Qualified Hot Work Assessor and Confined Space Assessor.
- Knowledge of ISO 14K, OHSAS 18K & ISO 45K will be an advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
To speed up processing, please send updated resume in MS Word document to include :
- Recent photo
- Reason/s for leaving each position
- Current and expected salary
- Notice period or earliest start date
We thank you for your application and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.