Educator Secondary School
Pathlight Educators are the main stewards to provide a transformational journey and maximise the potential of every student in both academic and life skills. You are expected to perform fully and deliver outcomes commensurating with your substantive grades. You will also play a part in culture building and aligning with the school's values as well as be responsible for the following:
Quality Educational Outcomes
• Plan and deliver engaging and well-paced lessons, taking into account the diverse profiles of students and adopting a range of teaching techniques which incorporate the Autism needs to achieve a student-centric and values-driven education to prepare students for the future
• Contribute to improve curriculum, pedagogy and assessment to enhance teaching and learning within the school
• Monitor students’ performance, provide accurate feedback and take follow-up actions in a timely manner to meet the requirement of the curriculum to progress to the next level (with the end in mind of the National Examinations at Secondary Schools)
• Formulate data-based, student centred Individual Education Plan (IEP) /Individual Transition Plan (ITP) process for all students, and support their attainment of IEP/ITP goals through appropriate strategies implemented in partnership with stakeholders
• Design and implement positive, robust classroom routines and practices to create and maintain a safe and conducive learning environment as well as foster student development and well-being.
• Be a role model and build rapport, trust, and a strong relationship with students by demonstrating care and concern
• Co-lead or lead CCAs, school-wide initiative/events including improvement & innovation processes, bridging programmes, committees, etc.
Fruitful Collaborative Relationships
• Maintain direct communications and foster strong partnerships with external stakeholders (e.g. families, caregivers, community partners and commercial partners) to support students and/or school initiatives
• Work in partnership with families to support student learning and transition plans to achieve positive post school outcomes
• Collaborate with other staff members (Educators, Allied Professionals etc.) to identify new methods, practices or technology tools which could be implemented to improve students' learning experiences
• Participate in projects and teams to improve key processes and systems that value-add department and school-wide
Robust HR Health
• Engage proactively in professional development for knowledge and skills development
• Participate in professional learning teams to foster collaborative learning between staff members
• Provide ongoing feedback and coaching/guidance to other teachers to facilitate skill development in areas such as lesson design, pedagogy and assessment methods, as well as to encourage performance improvement and reflective practise
- Relevant experience in teaching Singapore mainstream Secondary School subjects and preparing students for GCE 'N' and 'O' Levels in English/Mathematics/Science(Combined)/Computer Applications/Art/PE+Mathematics or PE+Science
- Recognised qualifications in teaching Singapore mainstream academics at Secondary School levels, ie Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) or Diploma in Special Education (DISE).
- Passion to help special needs students maximise their talents and potential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong critical-thinking and creativity to develop learning strategies
- Good instructional skills to explain concepts clearly
- To find out more about Pathlight School, do visit our website at www.pathlight.org.sg
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to hire.
Please apply through this link - https://apply.workable.com/j/DFAF49DF02
Autism Resource Centre (S) / Pathlight School