Education Support (Intern) - 6 months
The Youth For Autism (YFA) program (http://yfa.autism.org.sg/) is a 6-month vacation program set-up specifically for youths waiting to enter into Universities or taking a gap year. This program provides an opportunity to expose youths who are keen to contribute in the social services or teaching sector.
We invite youths who have proven commitment and competence to join us as an Education Support (Intern) for 6 months (December 2018 - June 2019) in our IT & Design Academy (ITDA) Department to transform the lives entrusted to us.
ITDA is a unique training academy in Pathlight School that offers relevant and meaningful IT & Design courses, delivered by professional trainers using autism-friendly pedagogy. ITDA also proivdes ICT infrastructure and support to promote innovation in education services to enhance the learing of students with special needs.
Your responsibilities as an Education Support (Intern) will include:
- Observe and support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) using 5 ASD friendly features in classrooms
- Assist ITDA Trainers in the preparation of teaching materials and resources for lessons and workshops
- Film and edit videos of students to document their learning and work habits
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders on preparation of storyboard and necessary equipment required for filming
- Film and edit videos based on guidelines provided by internal stakeholders
- Update students' physical and digital work to be ready for showcase to external stakeholders
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by your Supervisor and ITDA team
- Remuneration: $1,250 per month
You should possess:
- Minimum GCE 'A' Levels/ Diploma and above
- A strong willingness to learn and grow your skills & knowledge
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- A pro-active approach to problem-solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and challenging work environment
- Desire to learn about Autism and the passion to serve the autism community and their families
If you are qualified and keen to be part of a life-transforming team, please submit your resume via "Apply Now" button or visit http://yfa.autism.org.sg/#apply to complete our YFA Application Form.
We apologize that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Autism Resource Centre (S) - Pathlight School