East Innovation Lab Coordinator [1 year contract]
UWCSEA East seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Innovation Lab Coordinator (1-year contract) from October 2020.
The East Innovation Lab will be a place of creative community engagement. The focus will be on entrepreneurial student activity that may reach into or derive from any of the areas of our learning programme, from Service projects to AI, from Design work to App development, from Music Technology to Sport Science, from coding to peacebuilding. Our emphasis is on the word innovation and our aim is to challenge norms, break out of established approaches to problem-solving, to engage with design thinking and to create new thought capital.
Reporting to the Director of Activities and Community Operations, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and growing an innovation programme of events to support the mission of the East Innovation Lab.
- Vision and development of the Innovation Lab through an understanding of the needs of the internal and external stakeholders.
- Creativity and Innovation in the development of the programme and schedule of activities and events. Lead and manage new projects assigned with minimum supervision.
- Coordinate all day to day aspects of running the East Innovation Lab events programme and maintain the environs and equipment
- Support visitors to the shared spaces in using the equipment safely, developing skills and projects within the space.
- Interacts with students and lead activities for the entire community, as well as organising the overall programme for the Lab; Maintain, supervise and schedule a volunteer programme to assist in staffing the East Innovation Lab
- Collaborate with other departments UWCSEA staff such as Community Lab and other departments to run the East Innovation Lab in the shared space; Collaborate with and outside partners to develop the East Innovation Lab events programme in line with the guidance from the board
- Engaging with external partners and stakeholders in developing a diverse programme.
- Create and ensure up-to-date content on social media and create a strong network with industry professional
- Maintain budgets and provide relevant reports to the Director of Activities and Community Operations; Maintain usage statistics and establish other success indicators
- Follow and enforce Provide safe and secure access to the practical areas and equipment of the East Innovation Lab shared spaces
- Minimum degree with 3 years of relevant working experience. Experience in a K-12 environment desirable but not essential.
- Passion and knowledge about the use of technologies to support creative, engaged learning.
- A passionate, experienced practitioner and mentor in at least one of: making, coding, robotics, film making, rapid prototyping, product development
- Comfortable with a hands-on approach, particularly an ability to improvise with audiences of varied ages, the use of hand tools, electronics, computer software, hardware and various other technologies
- Active participant and/or knowledge of the Singapore creative and/or entrepreneurial scene
- Ability to get ideas accepted and to guide a group or individual to accomplish the task.
- Demonstrable experience in working with teams with the ability to harness team creativity and translate into effective programming.
- An effective collaborator, coordinator, team builder, and mentor and who is skilled at leveraging the talents of others and solving problems.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications and capacity to use social media.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
Interested applicants, please submit an application via our portal latest by Friday, 18 September 2020.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at the College must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you visit our website to learn more.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
United World College of South East Asia