E & I Maintenance Technician
SGS TESTING & CONTROL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD| Date Posted: 11-May-2020
Entry Level, Experienced
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma
- Execute tasks/activities such as Preventive, Corrective maintenance and Project executions at site effectively & efficiently
- Lead and supervise contractors or third party vendors to execute maintenance tasks/acttivities at site effectively and efficiently
- Ensure all site execution are performed in accordance with all maintenance work procedures / OEM manuals / company standards to ensure site quality , asset integrity and operability.
- Ensure all site executions are performed in accordance with all Local Statutory and Company safety processes to achieve good safety records / results.
- Responsible as competent Applicant for Permit-To Work, Job safety analysis (JSA), Lock-out, Tag-out (LOTO) or Defeat of Safety Critical Equipment (DOSCE) during associate maintenance activities.
- Participate and contribute in maintenance documentation review such as Safe Work Procedures (SWP), Job Safety (JSA) and What-If Analysis.
- To maintain work progress status and report Supervisors on daily or ad-hoc basis,
- Responsible as Work Executor in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) workflow to receive, update and close up assigned Work Orders & checklists.
- Create new Work Orders as Work Initiator in the CMMS workflow to report new Corrective actions / abnormal conditions.
- To perform suggest and execute ideas for continuous improvement in maintenance procedures and processes to improve or optimize maintenance costs, work processes and safety standards.
- Assist to lead equipment training to the operations department or new trainees.
- Attend and participate in all routine Safety drills or trainings.
- Participate in equipment / asset troubleshooting & failure analysis and assist to close up recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Attend external Dactory Acceptance of Change (MOC), Hazard & Operability (HAZOP) Review and any Growth / Service Project Scopes development / review to contribute on maintenance and on site knowledge.
- Assist to maintain spare parts inventory levels, support on delivery checks by suppliers and maintain good preservation / housekeeping in the stores.
- Assistt maintenance Supervisor and Planner to ensure proper documentation of maintenance records.
Skills & Knowledge:
- At least 1-10 years relevant maintenance experience.
- ITE or Diploma equivalent in Maintenance.
Electrical, Instrumentation, Control Systems:
- Maintenance and operation of terminal equipment and assets for product transfer and utility equipment such as tank, gauging, loading pumps (engine or motor driven), capstan motor, loading arms , compressors, Air or motor actuators for valve controls etc. Maintenance and inspection of terminal electrical installation, instrumentation and control systems.
- Familiar with electrical installation such as switchgears, transformers, HT/LT distribution boards, MCC, UPS, generators, control panels, etc.
- Able to perform inspection, calibration, tuning and test for various types of instrumentation which includes transmitters, transducers, controllers and measuring sensors of level, flow, pressure, temperature, velocity, proximity, pH, conductivity, voltage, current, power, gas detection, UV etc.
- Familiar with final elements such as valve actuators solenoids, motors, hydraulic cylinders, heater element, lighting etc. This includes electrical, pneumatioc and hydraulic equipment and its related components.
- Familiar with logic solvers and process control system like PLC, DCS, TIS, ATG, batch controller, weightbridge controller etc.
- Able to perform loop checks for continuity and proper wiring termination.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and solve problems for any type of instrument problem and be able to advise on the proper repair.
- Should have the ability to anticipate the logical needs of his work and plan the job to cover those needs.
- Must have a good working knowledge of power distribution systems for motors, valves, meters and instruments.
- Familiar with motor starter center / circuits and drives such as star -delta, DOL, VFD, soft starters, auto transformer etc. Able to understand principle and functionality of electrical fault protection relays and test methods based on international standards and ratings.
- Possess a good knowledge of hardware such as wire sizes, conduit , cable tray, tubing, fittings, stores material, etc.
- Must be able to use the hand tools and test equipment necessary to carry out the work assignments.
- Able to interpret P&IDs, SLDs, electrical drawings, electronic schematics, circuit diagrams, logic diagrams, blueprints, loop drawings, wiring diagrams and computer literacy.
- Ability to read PLC ladder diagrams, LEW certification and Hazardous Area Compex Certification will be an added advantage
SGS TESTING & CONTROL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD