Six Senses| Date Posted: 6-Aug-2019
- Supervises overall activities in the department.
- Supervises and delegates duties to supervisors and prepares work schedule for them.
- Plans and organizes departmental periodical training sessions for staff of courtesy, efficiency and job knowledge (especially for new staff).
- Ensures good communication and cooperation between front office department and other departments.
- Performs all duties applicable to the night shift ensuring the all report, system checks as well as run of the day (date system change) are performed accordingly to standards and hotel requirements.
- Controls expenses of front office department.
- Maintains a personalized service standard of the reception by constant training and motivation of the team members.
- Liaise closely with Housekeeping to ensure that optimum number of room / suites are available and all incoming guests requirements are met.
- Actively take part in Sales Activity within the hotel including referral of lead to the Sales office
- Reads all reservation correspondence prior to the guest arrival to understand the needs and wants of the guests, updates and corrects information in Opera accordingly
- Ensure the Memo is accurate and correct for all departments
- Conducts daily briefings
- Blocks special room. Requests and personally checks them prior to the arrival of guests.
- Personally welcomes guests and allocates rooms and coordinates with supervisor for proper follow up.
- Personally resolves any problem a guest may face during his stay in the hotel or endeavors to provide the maximum service possible always with a margin for flexibility.
- Conducts regular inspections of areas directly under his responsibility.
- Meets regularly with supervisors in order to convey all necessary information, concerning events taking place in the hotel, memoranda received, transfers and training procedures or instruction from higher management.
- Communicate to management concerned, movement of guests and guest comments.
- Coordinates with the training department to implement training plans.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecast, reports and tracking logs
- Diploma of high school completion.
- Two years or more of experience in a front office role.
- Very good command over written and spoken English.
- Ability to train and supervise staff and communicate well with management and guests.
- Excellent knowledge of guest related functions and guest service.
- Strong team mentality, and willingness to be of assistance as required.
- Physically fit to climb stairs and handle heavy luggage
- Heavy lifting of materials up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to stand 8.5 hours a day while maintaining a smile and positive attitude.
- Must be able to work under a deadline.