Discretionary Portfolio Manager
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
UOB Private Bank is dedicated to managing the wealth of high-net-worth individuals with investment assets of $5 million and above. Keeping in mind our clients’ financial objectives, we provide tailored products and solutions that draw on the Group’s comprehensive suite of personal, business and investment services.Job Responsibilities
• Lead Portfolio Manager for the Fixed Income related strategies within the DPM team.
• Select and construct Fixed Income portfolio with a biased towards Asian market using both direct cash bonds and funds/ETF.
• Stays actively aware of developments in macro trends and various drivers of individual bond positions.
• Contributes to asset allocation decision, hedging ideas and deployment of derivatives to manage portfolio risk/reward and alter payoff structure of strategies.
• Manages and reviews bespoke and highly customized portfolios for Ultra-High-Net-Worth and Family Offices (including cash management and hedging solutions etc.)
• Effectively and convincingly communicates (internally and externally, in writing and verbally) about Fixed Income strategy in a multi-asset-class framework.
• Plays an active role in developing and enhancing the mandate product shelf to ensure that Fixed Income related investment offerings are current and relevant to client needs.
• External research and information platforms (eg. Morningstar, Bloomberg)
• External Private banking clients
• Client Advisors, Relationship Officers,
• UOB Internal: Compliance, Legal, Business Risk, Tax, Finance, Custody, Technology & Operations
• External counterparties and product providers (Eg. Sell side houses, Fundhouses, Brokers)
A. Personal and Social
• Matured understanding of business risks and drivers of DPM business.
• Excellent people skills, high-impact and confident, client-focused and performance-oriented team player.
• Communicates complex market views and ideas in a concise and convincing manner.
• Excellent communication + presentation skills in English (fluency in Business mandarin is a definite plus.)
• Ability to be flexible and think out of the box to meet clients‘ various investment needs.
• Independent and passionate about investing.
B. Professional and Technical
• 10 years or more experience in a relevant role with Fixed Income focus, specifically in Asian Fixed Income
• Preferably with multi-asset-class versatility. (CFA certification is a definite plus)
• Good working knowledge of Excel/ Bloomberg and basic knowledge of programming.
• Good knowledge of derivatives, derivative strategies and their use in structured products (for leverage, optimization and risk management)
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)