Disability Care Manager
Roles & Responsibilities
Modelled after the serene and picturesque ambience of Peranakan-styled houses, Metta Home for the Disabled is a residential home for its 98 residents with intellectually and physical disabilities. We serve individuals between 18 to 55 years of age regardless of race or religion.
Through funding from the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF), we are able to provide individualised programmes and activities such as "care planning" for our residents. This coupled with outings to places of interests promotes inclusivity within community spaces. Thus, allowing our clients to acquire the necessary skills for daily living.
Our team of care staff consisting of nurses, nursing aides and therapy aides provide our clients with daily care and attention. Our operational staff includes kitchen staff, cleaners, maintenance technician and laundry worker. Together with the support of our administrative and allied health care team, a good and dedicated workforce ensures that the Home operates smoothly.
As a Disability Care Manager, the candidate is responsible in the following areas:
- Oversees the daily operations of the Home and 2 DACs.
- Selects and assigns staff, ensuring equal employment opportunity in hiring and promotion.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of employees.
- Timely submission of yearly financial budget, including manpower and capital requirements
- Ensuring financial expenditure are within approved budget
- Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and correspondence relative to the work
- Work with caregivers, and staff regarding a client’s program plan and offers constructive suggestions on how they can aid in promoting functional growth.
- Schedules program activities and coordinate the necessary support services such as recreation, therapy, OT etc.
- Acts as a liaison between the funders, community partners and community schools/workshop programs
- Conduct quarterly disabilities care committee meeting
- Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements as directed under MSF’s standard of care for adult disability home and DACs
- Ensure ISO guideline and internal procedures are complied
- Performs related work or other duties as directed by management
- Minimum Degree or equivalent in any field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience in supervision management, prior experience in home management advantageous
- Manage a team of staffs and multi disciplinary team
- Hardworking, meticulous and responsible.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills