Director/VP, Structured Funding / Repo Trader, Global Market Structuring
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Global Market function leverages our in-depth knowledge of markets to provide timely financial advice, products and solutions to our clients. Together with our segment managers, we manage our clients’ investment, liability and risk management needs through a comprehensive suite of treasury products and services across multiple asset classes.
Responsibilities for the Structured Funding / Repo Trader include, but are not limited to:
- Assist and manage multi-billion dollar regional repo book which is part of the bigger secured funding business
- Assist on initiatives to expand the secured funding business, covering both equities and fixed income
- Manage and provide funding ladders for the structured funding book
- Ensure that the business operates within the necessary internal and external regulations and escalation procedures are followed
Specific daily responsibilities for managing the repo book:
- Create and disseminate repo funding ladder
- Execute repo transactions, manage dealer relationships
- Ensure transaction keep within the stipulated internal frameworks
- Trading on specials and arbitrage opportunities
- Recognized university degree with 5-10 years’ prior experience in a fixed income or equities repo role. Experience in asset-liability or trading role will also be considered
- Motivated quick learner with a zest to challenge him/herself
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous and proactive
- Ability to understand / write in programming language (VBA, Java, Python etc) is an advantage
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)