Director, Overseas Strategic Development (1-year contract), Office of President
- Survey and analyze SMU needs through internal and direct external stakeholder engagement in Asia.
- Rationalize and prioritize key enablers, near and long-term targets that are co-owned by SMU stakeholders in Singapore and the region.
- Develop business cases and craft business plans with actionable items including exit strategies, accompanied by clear time-lines and milestones.
- Frame a governance and management structure to oversee and monitor resource allocation and budgets.
- Provide recommendations regarding project expectations, roadmaps, key deliverables and quantifiable goals.
- Report on all project status on a regular basis.
- Start-up an Overseas Center team to execute, operationalise and quality control the action deliverables.
- Identify key stakeholders and partners to scout high potential opportunities.
- Undertake risk assessment and mitigation.
- Maintain consistent communication with SMU stakeholders including its functional and corporate units for new and existing projects.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Post-graduate qualification preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant work experience required.
- Experience of working in higher education and confident in dealing with industry and relevant external stakeholders.
- Successful track record in business development, start-ups and operations in a senior role in Asia.
- Proven success in problem-solving, multi-tasking, and analytical abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong strategic mindset, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Resourceful, independent worker and a team player with strong negotiation and influencing skills that enables collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Exceptional networking skills, able to forge new relationships and build trust quickly locally and within Asia.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University