Director of Sustainable Development
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (or MBS) is seeking a qualified sustainable development professional for a new construction project and implementation of ongoing CapEx projects touching all areas of the iconic Marina Bay Sands resort in Singapore. The new development project, ‘Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort 2 (‘MBSIR2’), is located immediately adjacent to the existing Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort. The key elements of the MBSIR2 Project will be a state-of the-art 18,000-seat arena, a luxury hotel tower and additional MICE (Meeting, Incentive, Convention, and Exhibition) space. The MICE facilities shall have a net floor area of at least 18,500 square meters, comprised of meeting rooms and function and exhibition halls, with an emphasis on exhibition halls to supplement the existing facilities in IR1. The arena shall be a state-of-the-art live entertainment arena with seating capacity of at least 18,000 persons and GFA of approximately 40,000 square meters. It also shall be designed and built for live entertainment and concerts, with flexibility to be configured to accommodate a wide range of other event formats and features that are comparable to the world’s top entertainment venues, such as premium F&B and hospitality offerings.
The Director of Sustainable Development will be responsible for incorporating Las Vegas Sands sustainability vision into the project with particular focus on innovative technologies for building energy systems, water conservation and waste management, in addition to compliance with internationally recognized sustainability rating systems and internal sustainable development standards.
- Lead and manage integration of advanced sustainability measures into the design and construction of new development projects in Singapore
- Lead and manage execution of environmental certification programs for new development projects in Singapore
- Lead and manage implementation of sustainability in the ongoing capex projects in all areas of the existing Marina Bay Sands resort
- Represent MBS in all interactions and negotiations with local Singapore Governmental Authorities, such as BCA, regarding all applicable regulations and requirements
- Lead implementation of and compliance with LVS’ Sustainable Development Standards in development projects in Singapore
- Drive implementation of energy and water conservation measures, and recycling efforts in development projects in Singapore
- Identify and analyze potential innovative sustainable technologies and opportunities
- Provide sustainability education and training to design and construction teams
- Review construction documents for compliance with LVS’ Sustainable Development Standards and environmental certification programs
- Supply all sustainability related reporting including utility consumption, carbon footprint, waste management and recycling.
- Ensure compliance with local environmental laws and regulations
- Assist with sustainable material selection
- Lead and manage special sustainability projects in existing properties
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- 18/21 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the Singapore, , ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form, interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts, maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to company’s appearance standards, maintain consistent adherence to the company’s Unmatched Guest Service Standards, work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
Specific Position Requirements:
- Minimum BA/BS degree required in engineering, architecture or construction management with either a MBA or Masters in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management preferred.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in construction project management, sustainability or a related field. Advanced energy and sustainability technology identification and implementation experience needed.
- Familiarity with sustainability programs including BCA Green Mark and LEED programs.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams to deliver exceptional results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to create meaningful reports and support the implementation of corporate standards.
- Regular presentations to LVS and MBS senior leadership.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to frequently move freely about the office, maintain manual dexterity to access computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment, such as telephones, copiers, fax machine, etc., withstand various activities such as frequent walking, sitting for long periods and withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction.
- Be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke, and be able to access all areas of the property.
- Some travel required.