Director of Sales - Grand Park Orchard
Responsible for providing leadership to the hotel's Room Sales team and ensuring maximum revenue potential for the hotel is achieved, whilst meeting or exceeding budget goals.
Forming and implementing Sales strategies and daily Sales effort to keep hotel’s business ahead of the market, capturing fair or above revenue (RGI) and market (MPI) share at all times.
- Oversee and manage the Sales team for maximum productivity and revenue generated per sales manager; work with sales managers to ensure understanding of sales strategies and direct overall sales effort towards maximizing revenue.
- Evaluate and drive hotel’s participation in the various sales channels, event booking centers, electronic lead channels, etc.
- Drive teams’ timely submission and procurement of RFPs; seek out major corporate clients, forming close working relationships with premier buyers in the industry.
- Be the hotel’s business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expos to maximize visibility and procurement of long lead room sales/revenue.
- Accurately forecast future sales and form proactive sales plans to stay ahead of the constant shifts in marketplace; identify valuable emerging markets and make timely offers to capture market share.
- Work closely with the Revenue, Marcomm and Management teams to develop and implement timely strategies and promotions to maximize RevPar and MPI.
- Prepare hotel’s annual room sales budget for approval by the management, including manpower requirements, operating expenses, etc.
- Conduct weekly/monthly accounts’ reviews with all sales managers, assign monthly revenue targets to each member in accordance with market segmentation and work with each salesperson to drive rooms’ revenue.
- Attend weekly revenue and sales strategy meetings, re-direct actions where required; update sales strategy and action plans with the General Manager.
- Lead property sales functions to build long term value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of hotel’s sales objectives. Participate in sales calls with members of the sales team to acquire new businesses; create focus on developing new business, review and approve any special negotiated rates.
- Ensure best client service is made available through effective communication amongst team, cross-training within department and appropriate office coverage.
- Execute and support timely operational aspects of business booked ie generating proposals, contracts and customer correspondence.
- Review the performance of each salesperson under his/her charge at regular intervals and assist/guide the team.
- Closely monitor and analyze market/industry trends and provide feedback to the management and develop strategies to compete in the identified markets.
- Coordinate with Marcomm in the planning and execution of marketing programs for room sales and actively engages in the development of these marketing programs to gain market share.
- Closely monitor the sales expenses and entertainment budgets, approve the entertainment plans and reimbursable expenses of sales team under his/her charge.
- Ensure that all salespersons in the department are well trained in selling, and have excellent product knowledge in our hotels and competitive hotels, so as to effectively penetrate the market.
- Conduct performance development review for department staff and provide feedback on their performance.
- Any other suitable tasks as and when assigned by General Manager/Group Sales Director.
- Minimum 8 years of sales experience in the hotel industry.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree or Diploma in a related discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with problem solving abilities and strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership and dynamic personality
We regret only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further discussion.
Park Hotel Group